The Boston Celtics (1-0) will be 7.5-point favorites at home in game two of the First Round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs when they meet the Indiana Pacers (0-1). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 203 points and it can be seen on TNT at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, April 17, 2019.
Indiana Pacers at Boston Celtics ATS Odds
In game one, Irving led the Celtics to an 84-74 victory. He recorded 20 points, seven assists and five rebounds. The two teams combined to put up 158 points, which was well under the projected point total of 209.5, and Boston covered as a 7.5-point favorite. One of Boston’s biggest strengths was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 18-22 (81.8 percent), while the Pacers were just 12-21 (57.1 percent).
Pacers games have a tendency to go under the projected point total (57.8 percent). Indiana holds records of 48-35 straight up (SU) and 40-42-1 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Indiana, games involving the Celtics have typically finished over the O/U total (55.4 percent). Moreover, Boston owns records of 50-33 SU and 39-42-2 ATS.
Baskets could be hard to come by as two of the league’s best defenses battle. Boston currently ranks fifth in defensive efficiency (105.2) and Indiana is third (104.8).
Indiana Pacers at Boston Celtics Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Celtics, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Under
- The Pacers rank 12th in second chance points per game (13.4) while the Celtics rank 15th in second chance points allowed per game (13.5).
- Boston ranks seventh in three pointers attempted per game (34.4) while Indiana ranks 29th (25.4).
- The Celtics average 16.3 fast break points per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. The Pacers rank 19th in fast break points allowed per game (14.1).
- Boston ranks second in steals allowed per game (6.8) while Indiana ranks 13th (7.4).
- Indiana ranks third in points off turnovers per game (18.9) while Boston ranks sixth (18.0).
- The Celtics rank second in blocks allowed per game (3.9) while the Pacers rank 19th (5.1).
- The Celtics average 26.2 assists per game, which ranks sixth in the league. The Pacers rank 14th in assists allowed per game (24.4).
- Indiana is fourth in the NBA with 44.6 points allowed in the paint per game while Boston is fifth with 45.9 points allowed in the paint per game.
- Indiana ranks fifth in rebounds allowed per game (43.8) while Boston ranks 21st (45.9).
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Boston is 17-4 and Indiana is 25-4.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Celtics are 49-24 and the Pacers are 43-17.
- Indiana is 17-24-1 ATS on the road, while Boston is 21-21 ATS at home.
- Of the Pacers’ 42 road games, they have 22 unders and 20 overs.
- Of the Celtics’ 42 home games, they have 25 overs and 17 unders.
- The Celtics are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Pacers are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Boston has 2 overs, 2 pushes and 1 under, while Indiana has 3 unders, 1 over and 1 push.
- During their last five games, the Celtics have scored an average of 107.4 points per game (4.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 99.8 points per game (7.7 below their season average).
- The Pacers have been outscored by an average of 4.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Indiana has defeated opponents by an average of 3.2 points.