The Rutgers Scarlet Knights (12-13, 2-10 Big 10), who are currently on a five-game losing streak, will attempt to get back in the win column when they welcome the Indiana Hoosiers (12-12, 5-7 Big 10) to Louis Brown Athletic Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 129 points with neither team favored. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Monday, February 5, 2018.
Indiana Hoosiers at Rutgers Scarlet Knights Odds Preview
The Hoosiers lost a close one to the No. 5 Michigan State Spartans in their last matchup, 63-60. Juwan Morgan put together a good performance for Indiana, leading both teams in scoring with 23 points on 8-for-17 shooting. Michigan State held the Hoosiers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.318 (below their season average of 0.509). Indiana, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 49.0 (above their season average of 31.7).
The last time the Scarlet Knights played, they were beaten by the No. 3 Purdue Boilermakers, 78-76. Corey Sanders was the top scorer from either team with 31 points on 13-for-27 shooting. Purdue did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (25-29; 86.2 percent). Rutgers, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 45.5 (above their season average of 33.2).
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the nations slowest-paced teams face off. Rutgers currently ranks 263rd in possessions per game (68.1) and Indiana is 288th (67.4). ,
Morgan has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Indiana, averaging 18.8 points and 6.0 rebounds per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Hoosiers won the only game last season, 76-57. The Hoosiers 13.6 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Scarlet Knights, who had a rate of 25.5.
Indiana Hoosiers at Rutgers Scarlet Knights ATS Prediction
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Indiana, ATS Winner – Indiana, O/U – Under
- The Hoosiers rank 200th in three pointers attempted per game (19.8) while the Scarlet Knights rank 277th (15.1).
- Rutgers ranks 58th in steals per game (7.2) while Indiana ranks 103rd in steals allowed per game (6.1).
- Indiana ranks 44th in blocks per game (4.4) while Rutgers ranks 175th in blocks allowed per game (4.4).
- The Hoosiers rank 149th in assists per game (13.5) while the Scarlet Knights rank 266th (10.4).
- Indiana averages 36.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 116th in the nation. Rutgers ranks 215th in rebounds allowed per game (36.7).
- The Scarlet Knights have been outscored by an average of 14.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Rutgers has defeated opponents by an average of 3.0 points.
- During their last five games, the Hoosiers have scored an average of 65.0 points per game (6.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.8 points per game (1.3 below their season average).