The Incarnate Word Cardinals (5-11, 0-6 SthLnd), who are currently on an eight-game losing streak, look to get back in the win column when they visit Lakefront Arena to clash against the New Orleans Privateers (8-10, 5-2 SthLnd). Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 20, 2018.
Incarnate Word Cardinals vs. New Orleans Privateers Free Preview
In the Cardinals last contest, they lost big to the Lamar Cardinals, 90-69. Incarnate Word’s Keaton Hervey recorded 20 points in the contest. Lamar had an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.2 (above their season average of 33.3). Incarnate Word, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of making free throws (14-20; 70.0 percent).
The Privateers are hoping for a better outcome after their 81-57 loss to the Central Arkansas Bears in their last contest. Travin Thibodeaux led New Orleans in scoring with 18 points on 7-for-10 shooting. Central Arkansas did an excellent job of making free throws (21-24; 87.5 percent). New Orleans, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (38.6 vs. 30.0).
The offensive glass should be a huge advantage for New Orleans in this matchup. The Privateers currently rank 30th in offensive rebounding percentage (35.2 percent), while Incarnate Word ranks 342nd in defensive rebounding percentage (63.9 percent). Also, the Cardinals rank 316th in turnover percentage (21.8 percent), while the Privateers rank 31st in opponents turnover percentage (23.0 percent).
Thibodeaux has been playing at a high level over the last five games for New Orleans, averaging 18.0 points, 7.2 rebounds, 3.8 assists, 2.0 blocks and 1.6 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. The Privateers won the only contest played against each other last season, 87-72. The Privateers dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.322 and a turnover percentage of 11.6. For those same stats, the Cardinals were 0.196 and 17.8, respectively.
Incarnate Word Cardinals vs. New Orleans Privateers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Incarnate Word, ATS Winner – Incarnate Word, O/U – Under
- The Privateers rank 63rd in assists per game (15.4) while the Cardinals rank 144th in assists allowed per game (13.9).
- Incarnate Word ranks 261st in three pointers attempted per game (17.3) while New Orleans ranks 287th (12.4).
- New Orleans ranks 34th in rebounds allowed per game (31.7) while Incarnate Word ranks 249th (39.6).
- The Privateers average 7.7 steals per game, which ranks 41st in the NCAA. The Cardinals rank 162nd in steals allowed per game (7.4).
- Incarnate Word averages 5.2 blocks per game, which ranks 25th in the NCAA. New Orleans ranks 123rd in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- The Privateers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.2, up from 1.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cardinals have scored an average of 68.4 points per game (5.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 85.4 points per game (6.5 above their season average).