The Incarnate Word Cardinals (5-16, 0-11 SthLnd), who are currently on a 13-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they visit Moody Coliseum to take on the Abilene Christian Wildcats (14-11, 6-6 SthLnd). Action gets underway at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Incarnate Word Cardinals vs. Abilene Christian Wildcats Free Preview
The last time the Cardinals played, they lost big to the Southeastern Louisiana Lions, 86-68. With 26 points on 8-for-16 shooting, Charles Brown III was the games leading scorer. Southeastern Louisiana had a turnover percentage of 7.9 (better than their season average of 18.4). Incarnate Word, on the other hand, did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (15-19; 78.9 percent).
The Wildcats are hoping for a better outcome after their 69-65 loss to the Nicholls Colonels in their last matchup. Jaren Lewis was the top scorer from either team with 18 points on 7-for-15 shooting. Nicholls held the Wildcats to an effective field goal percentage of 0.442 (below their season average of 0.543). Abilene Christian, meanwhile, did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (12-16; 75.0 percent).
The sharp-shooting offense of Abilene Christian (73rd in the NCAA with an effective field goal percentage 0.539) will face off against the mid-tier defense of Incarnate Word (199th in effective field goal percentage allowed 0.506). The Wildcats figure to have the edge on that end of the court. It could also be a mistake-prone game for the offense of the Cardinals, which ranks 329th in ball security (turnover percentage of 22.0 percent). They’ll be going up against the top-notch defense of the Wildcats, which forces the 17th-most turnovers in the nation (23.3 percent).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Cardinals won both meetings last season. In the last contest, Incarnate Word won 89-75. Incarnate Word had a much better free throw rate (0.360 vs. 0.079). Abilene Christian, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (29.4 vs. 12.5).
Incarnate Word Cardinals vs. Abilene Christian Wildcats Free Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Abilene Christian, ATS Winner – Abilene Christian, O/U – Over
- The Wildcats rank 162nd in rebounds allowed per game (35.0) while the Cardinals rank 274th (38.7).
- Abilene Christian ranks 207th in three pointers attempted per game (20.4) while Incarnate Word ranks 275th (17.4).
- Abilene Christian ranks 48th in assists per game (15.9) while Incarnate Word ranks 240th (11.5).
- The Wildcats average 8.2 steals per game, which ranks 16th in the NCAA. The Cardinals rank 192nd in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- Abilene Christian ranks 18th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while Incarnate Word ranks 163rd (4.0).
- The Wildcats have been outscored by an average of 0.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Abilene Christian has defeated opponents by an average of 4.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Cardinals have scored an average of 66.6 points per game (5.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.2 points per game (1.3 below their season average).