SthLnd foes will battle when the McNeese State Cowboys (4-7) challenge the Incarnate Word Cardinals (5-5) at Burton Coliseum. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 28, 2017.
Incarnate Word Cardinals at McNeese State Cowboys Free Preview
The last time the Cardinals played, they lost to the Florida Gators, 75-60. With 13 points on 5-for-10 shooting, Charles Brown was Incarnate Word’s high scorer. Florida held the Cardinals to an offensive rebounding percentage of 11.5 (below their season average of 31.6). Incarnate Word, meanwhile, held the Gators to an effective field goal percentage of 0.461 (below their season average of 0.519).
The Cowboys come in on a high note after topping the Texas College Steers in their last matchup, 84-68. McNeese State received a boost from Quatarrius Wilson, who led the team in scoring with 16 points on 5-for-8 shooting. McNeese State played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.333 (above their season average of 0.217) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.4 (above their season average of 36.0). For those same stats, Texas College was 0.159 and 22.4, respectively.
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of McNeese State. McNeese State ranks 217th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.0 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Incarnate Word forces the 49th-most turnovers in the nation (22.6 percent).
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. The Cowboys won the only game played against each other last season, 87-79. The Cowboys played a flawless game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.262 and a turnover percentage of 12.3. The Cardinals were 0.167 and 17.2, respectively, for those same stats.
Incarnate Word Cardinals at McNeese State Cowboys Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Incarnate Word, ATS Winner – Incarnate Word, O/U – Over
- The Cowboys rank 173rd in three pointers attempted per game (22.6) while the Cardinals rank 251st (17.0).
- Incarnate Word ranks 172nd in assists per game (12.8) while McNeese State ranks 232nd (11.3).
- Incarnate Word averages 37.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 79th in the NCAA. McNeese State ranks 250th in rebounds allowed per game (37.5).
- The Cardinals rank 44th in steals per game (7.9) while the Cowboys rank 141st (6.3).
- Incarnate Word ranks 18th in blocks per game (5.8) while McNeese State ranks 101st (4.3).
- The Cowboys average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 12.0, up from 1.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cardinals have scored an average of 72.4 points per game (5.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.2 points per game (2.1 above their season average).