The Incarnate Word Cardinals (5-17, 0-12 SthLnd), who are currently on a 14-game skid, look to get back in the win column when they travel to Montagne Center to challenge the Lamar Cardinals (15-11, 7-6 SthLnd). Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 14, 2018.
Incarnate Word Cardinals vs. Lamar Cardinals Free Preview
Incarnate Word lost to the Abilene Christian Wildcats in its last contest, 80-69. Incarnate Word’s Keaton Hervey had a good game, leading the team in scoring with 17 points on 5-for-10 shooting. Abilene Christian had an offensive rebounding percentage of 50.0 (above their season average of 25.5). Incarnate Word, meanwhile, did a great job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (26-36; 72.2 percent).
In Lamar’s last matchup, they were defeated by the Sam Houston State Bearkats, 71-69. Josh Nzeakor was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 9-for-11 shooting. Sam Houston State had a free throw rate of 0.347 (above their season average of 0.231). Lamar, on the other hand, forced Sam Houston State into a turnover percentage of 19.9 (above their season average of 15.9).
These teams have already met once this season. Lamar won 90-69. Lamar dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 41.2 and a great turnover percentage of 8.6. Incarnate Word had marks of 21.2 and 16.3, respectively, for those same stats. Nick Garth was a standout player in the game, producing 25 points and five assists.
Incarnate Word Cardinals at Lamar Cardinals ATS Prediction
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Lamar, ATS Winner – Lamar, O/U – Under
- Lamar ranks 128th in three pointers attempted per game (22.4) while Incarnate Word ranks 279th (17.5).
- Lamar ranks 138th in assists per game (13.9) while Incarnate Word ranks 247th (11.3).
- Lamar ranks 71st in rebounds per game (37.8) while Incarnate Word ranks 265th in rebounds allowed per game (38.8).
- Lamar averages 9.2 steals per game, which ranks seventh in the NCAA. Incarnate Word ranks 197th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- Incarnate Word ranks 21st in blocks per game (5.3) while Lamar ranks 184th (2.4).
- Lamar’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.0, down from 7.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, Incarnate Word has scored an average of 66.4 points per game (5.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 78.4 points per game (0.2 below their season average).