The Western Michigan Broncos (6-4) will be at home in University Arena in Read Fieldhouse when they go head-to-head against the Idaho Vandals (7-3). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 139.5 points with Western Michigan set as a 4-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Monday, December 18, 2017.
Idaho Vandals vs. Western Michigan Broncos Betting Preview
The Vandals won big over the Simon Fraser Clan in their last matchup, 73-54. With 16 points and 10 rebounds, Brayon Blake had a solid performance for Idaho. Idaho played a nearly flawless game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.500 (above their season average of 0.282) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.510 (below their season average of 0.523). For those same stats, Simon Fraser put up marks of 0.211 and 0.368, respectively.
In the Broncos last matchup, they topped the Detroit Titans, 87-79. With 30 points on 9-for-17 shooting, Thomas Wilder was Western Michigan’s high scorer. The Broncos had a turnover percentage of 10.5 (better than their season average of 16.4) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.538 (above their season average of 0.517).
The aggressive Idaho offense might be living from the free throw line in this matchup. The Vandals rank 49th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.301, while Western Michigan is among the nation’s most foul-prone squads (giving up a 197th-ranked FTA rate of 0.243). Of Idaho’s 5 games that accepted bets, three have finished over the projected point total, while 4 of Western Michigan’s 8 games have finished over the O/U total. The Vandals have the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (7-3 vs. 6-4), but both teams are close to the .500 mark against the spread (ATS).
Blake has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Idaho, averaging 16.0 points and 9.4 rebounds per game.
Idaho Vandals vs. Western Michigan Broncos Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Idaho, ATS Winner – Idaho, O/U – Under
- The Vandals rank 103rd in rebounds per game (38.7) while the Broncos rank 136th in rebounds allowed per game (35.0).
- Western Michigan ranks 41st in steals per game (7.9) while Idaho ranks 192nd (4.3).
- The Broncos rank 127th in three pointers attempted per game (22.3) while the Vandals rank 194th in three pointers allowed per game (23.5).
- Western Michigan ranks 32nd in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while Idaho ranks 65th (2.7).
- The Broncos average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.4, up from 6.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Vandals have scored an average of 74.6 points per game (1.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 63.6 points per game (0.9 below their season average).