The Eastern Washington Eagles (8-9, 3-1 BigSky) can lengthen a five-game home winning streak when they square off against the Idaho Vandals (10-6, 2-2 BigSky) at Reese Court. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 140 points with Eastern Washington opening as a 1.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 10:30 p.m. ET on Friday, January 12, 2018.
Idaho Vandals vs. Eastern Washington Eagles Free Preview
The Vandals lost a close one to the Portland State Vikings in their last outing, 73-72. With 28 points on 10-for-18 shooting, Victor Sanders was Idaho’s leading scorer. Portland State had a much better turnover percentage (10.4 vs. 18.0). Idaho, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.2 (above their season average of 29.4).
In the Eagles last matchup, they topped the Sacramento State Hornets, 82-67. Eastern Washington rallied around Cody Benzel, who was the games high scorer with 25 points on 7-for-10 shooting. The Eagles, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.511, had a fantastic mark of 0.638 and had a better turnover percentage (16.1 vs. 16.4).
Eastern Washington should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Eastern Washington ranks 47th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.8 percent), while Idaho forces the 46th-fewest turnovers (16.8 percent).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Eagles won both meetings played against each other last season. In the last game, Eastern Washington won 77-67. One of Eastern Washington’s biggest advantages was getting to the free throw line. They had 26 free throw attempts, while Idaho had 16.
Idaho Vandals vs. Eastern Washington Eagles Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Idaho, ATS Winner – Idaho, O/U – Over
- The Eagles rank 34th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while the Vandals rank 61st (5.8).
- Eastern Washington ranks 15th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while Idaho ranks 35th (2.6).
- Eastern Washington ranks 16th in three pointers allowed per game (17.8) while Idaho ranks 210th (24.5).
- The Vandals rank 33rd in rebounds allowed per game (31.6) while the Eagles rank 135th (35.2).
- Idaho ranks 41st in assists allowed per game (11.4) while Eastern Washington ranks 75th (12.3).
- The Eagles average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.0, up from 1.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Vandals have scored an average of 70.2 points per game (2.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.2 points per game (4.0 above their season average).