The third-ranked Gonzaga Bulldogs, 27.5-point favorites, welcome the Idaho State Bengals to McCarthey Athletic Center to commence their seasons. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 153 points and it can be seen on ROOT SPORTS at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
Idaho State Bengals vs. Gonzaga Bulldogs ATS Odds
Gonzaga made the tournament last season following a 30-4 regular season campaign that earned them a four seed in the tournament. They made it to the Sweet 16, where they fell to the Florida State Seminoles. Meanwhile, Idaho State failed to make the tournament following a 14-16 regular season.
Last season, the Bengals had records of 14-16 straight up (SU) and 8-19 against the spread (ATS). Of Idaho State’s 27 games that accepted bets last year, 15 finished under the projected point total.
The Bulldogs, on the other hand, owned records of 30-4 SU and 23-11-2 ATS last season. Just over half of Gonzaga’s games also finished under the projected point total.
Gonzaga should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. In the 2017-18 season, Gonzaga ranked 37th in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.2 percent), while Idaho State forced the 78th-fewest turnovers (17.0 percent). Moreover, the Bengals ranked 31st in effective field goal percentage (0.552), while the Bulldogs ranked 31st in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.471).
Idaho State vs. Gonzaga Betting Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Gonzaga, ATS Winner – Idaho State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Gonzaga ranks 13th in rebounds per game (39.9) while Idaho State ranks 298th (32.1).
- The Bulldogs rank 35th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Bengals rank 113th (5.9).
- Gonzaga ranks 79th in three pointers attempted per game (24.1) while Idaho State ranks 91st in three pointers allowed per game (20.5).
- The Bulldogs rank 65th in assists per game (15.2) while the Bengals rank 265th (11.8).
- Gonzaga ranks 113th in blocks per game (3.6) while Idaho State ranks 229th (2.4).