The Idaho State Bengals (7-7, 3-2 BigSky) will be at the Dee Events Center to take on the Weber State Wildcats (10-6, 4-1 BigSky) in a BigSky matchup. Action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 17, 2019.
Idaho State Bengals at Weber State Wildcats ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Wildcats defeated the Portland State Vikings 95-88, while the Bengals barely escaped the Sacramento State Hornets 72-70.
The Bengals made 13 of their 14 free throws (92.9 percent) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 29.1). The Wildcats, meanwhile, knocked down 18 of their 21 free throws (85.7 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.611 (above their season average of 0.527). Brekkott Chapman had a good outing for Weber State, recording 19 points and 11 rebounds. Meanwhile, Kelvin Jones played a pivotal role for Idaho State with 12 points and eight rebounds.
This series was highly contested last year, as the teams split their two games last season. The Wildcats won the most recent contest 77-70. The Wildcats’ offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Bengals. Weber State had a rate of 22.6, while Idaho State posted a mark of 14.7. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Weber State should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Weber State ranks 43rd in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.5 percent), while Idaho State forces the 16th-fewest turnovers (15.5 percent).
Idaho State vs. Weber State Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Weber State, ATS Winner – Idaho State, O/U – Under
- Idaho State ranks 33rd in three pointers attempted per game (27.1) while Weber State ranks 204th (20.4).
- The Wildcats average 38.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 53rd in the country. The Bengals rank 94th in rebounds allowed per game (33.9).
- Idaho State averages 15.0 assists per game, which ranks 71st in the NCAA. Weber State ranks 87th in assists allowed per game (12.4).
- The Bengals rank 25th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Wildcats rank 95th (6.2).
- Weber State ranks 33rd in blocks per game (4.6) while Idaho State ranks 99th (3.4).
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 86.2 points per game (3.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.8 points per game (2.7 above their season average).
- The Bengals have outscored opponents by an average of 3.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Idaho State has been defeated by an average of 0.6 points.