MEAC foes will clash when the Morgan State Bears (8-14, 4-5 MEAC) meet the Howard Bison (7-17, 4-4 MEAC) at Hill Field House. Tip-off is scheduled for 12 p.m. ET on Monday, February 5, 2018.
Howard Bison at Morgan State Bears Odds Preview
The Bison won a close one over the Florida A&M Rattlers in their last outing, 83-80. RJ Cole was Howard’s high scorer with 24 points on 8-for-23 shooting. Howard dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 34.1 (above their season average of 26.7) and a turnover percentage of 12.3 (better than their season average of 16.9). Florida A&M was 27.8 and 14.0, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Bears played, they were topped by the Norfolk State Spartans, 76-65. With three points and 16 rebounds, Phillip Carr put together a solid outing for Morgan State. Norfolk State had an effective field goal percentage of 0.612 (above their season average of 0.489). Morgan State, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.6 (above their season average of 35.7).
Expect Morgan State to dominate the offensive glass in this showdown. The Bears rank 12th in offensive rebounding percentage (36.1 percent), while Howard ranks 339th in defensive rebounding percentage (64.6 percent).
Charles Williams has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Howard, averaging 24.2 points and 1.4 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will meet this year, after the Bison won both contests last season. In the last game, Howard won 68-65. Howard had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (41.9 vs. 34.3). Morgan State, on the other hand, did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (17-20; 85.0 percent).
Howard Bison at Morgan State Bears Free Prediction
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Morgan State, ATS Winner – Morgan State, O/U – Over
- Morgan State ranks 50th in rebounds per game (38.4) while Howard ranks 281st in rebounds allowed per game (41.0).
- The Bison rank 82nd in three pointers attempted per game (23.7) while the Bears rank 281st (14.7).
- Howard ranks 210th in assists per game (12.3) while Morgan State ranks 246th (11.4).
- The Bears average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.6, up from 5.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bison have scored an average of 86.4 points per game (12.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 82.4 points per game (2.1 above their season average).