The Howard Bison (2-12) can snap an 11-game road losing streak when they challenge the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors (7-3) at Stan Sheriff Center. Action starts at 12 a.m. ET on Friday, December 29, 2017.
Howard Bison vs. Hawaii Rainbow Warriors Betting Preview
The Bison lost to the UTEP Miners in their last outing, 69-56. With 17 points on 5-for-19 shooting, RJ Cole led Howard in scoring. UTEP had a free throw rate of 0.281 (above their season average of 0.242). Howard, meanwhile, held the Miners to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0 (below the 34.9 mark opponents have averaged against Howard this season).
The last time the Rainbow Warriors played, they were topped by the No. 6 Miami (FL) Hurricanes, 75-57. Sheriff Drammeh was the games leading scorer with 17 points on 6-for-10 shooting. Miami (FL)’s turnover percentage was their largest strength over Hawaii. The Hurricanes had a rate of 12.5 (better than their season average of 14.7), while the Rainbow Warriors posted a mark of 22.7 (above their season average of 17.4).
The physical Hawaii offense might be getting to the free throw line a lot in this battle. The Rainbow Warriors currently rank 14th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.321, while Howard ranks 301st in FTA rate allowed (0.290). Moreover, the Bison rank 276th in offensive rebounding percentage (26.0 percent), while the Rainbow Warriors rank 57th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.7 percent).
Of Howard’s 4 games that accepted bets, three have finished under the projected point total, while 4 of Hawaii’s 8 games have finished over the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Rainbow Warriors have a substantial advantage. They are 7-3 SU and 3-6 ATS, while the Bison are 2-12 SU and 3-1 ATS.
Howard Bison vs. Hawaii Rainbow Warriors Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Hawaii, ATS Winner – Howard, O/U – Under
- Howard is 3-1 ATS on the road, while Hawaii is 3-5 ATS at home.
- The Bison have 3 unders and 1 over in 4 road games.
- The Rainbow Warriors have 4 overs and 3 unders in 8 home games.
- Hawaii ranks 12th in assists allowed per game (10.0) while Howard ranks 220th (16.4).
- The Rainbow Warriors rank 75th in rebounds allowed per game (33.2) while the Bison rank 268th (41.0).
- Hawaii is 1-2 ATS with 2 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Howard is 1-1 ATS with 2 unders.
- The Rainbow Warriors have been outscored by an average of 1.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Hawaii has defeated opponents by an average of 1.0 point.
- During their last five games, the Bison have scored an average of 64.4 points per game (3.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.2 points per game (7.7 below their season average).