The undefeated Eastern Michigan Eagles (3-0) try to continue their impressive start when they square off against the winless Howard Bison (0-3) at Convocation Center. Action starts at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017.
Howard Bison vs. Eastern Michigan Eagles Odds Preview
In the Bisons last matchup, they lost big to the No. 17 Gonzaga Bulldogs, 106-69. With 16 points on 5-for-17 shooting, RJ Cole was Howards leading scorer. Gonzaga made 14 of their 35 three pointers (40.0 percent). Howard, on the other hand, did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (19-23; 82.6 percent).
The Eagles will look to maintain momentum after defeating the Arkansas State Red Wolves in their last game, 76-59. With 23 points on 7-for-10 shooting, James Thompson IV was the games leading scorer. Eastern Michigan played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 17.3 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.517. Arkansas State recorded marks of 27.1 and 0.422, respectively, for those same stats.
Eastern Michigan could own the offensive glass in this battle. Since last season, the Eagles rank 52nd in offensive rebounding percentage (33.7 percent), while Howard ranks 326th in defensive rebounding percentage (66.4 percent). It could also be a sloppy game for the offense of the Bison, which ranks 317th in ball security (turnover percentage of 21.2 percent). Theyll be going up against the stingy defense of the Eagles, which has forced the 12th-most turnovers in the nation (23.1 percent).
Howard Bison vs. Eastern Michigan Eagles ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Eastern Michigan, ATS Winner – Eastern Michigan, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Eagles rank 39th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Bison rank 152nd (3.4).
- Eastern Michigan ranks 240th in three pointers attempted per game (19.2) while Howard ranks 276th (18.3).
- Eastern Michigan ranks second in steals per game (10.0) while Howard ranks 235th (5.2).
- The Eagles rank 142nd in assists per game (13.8) while the Bison rank 320th (9.1).
- Eastern Michigan ranks 133rd in rebounds per game (36.5) while Howard ranks 287th in rebounds allowed per game (38.5).