The Houston Texans are heading northeast to battle their AFC South counterpart Tennessee Titans at Nissan Stadium. This early afternoon game is scheduled to kick off at 1:00 p.m. ET and fans can catch the action by tuning in to CBS.
Betting Preview: Tennessee Titans vs. Houston Texans
The Texans are 0-1 against the spread (ATS) and have lost 1.0 unit so far in 2018. The team’s recorded an O/U mark of 0-1.
The Titans have lost 1.1 units for moneyline bettors this season. They’re 0-1 ATS and own an O/U record of 1-0.
The Texans have gone 0-1 straight up (SU) and the team has yet to face any AFC South opponents this year. The Titans are 0-1 SU overall and also 0-0 SU against divisional foes.
The Texans are still seeking win No. 1 after a 27-20 defeat to New England in Week 1. The Texans defense allowed the Patriots to rush for 122 yards on 31 attempts. Offensively, Deshaun Watson completed just 17-of-34 passes for 176 yards, along with a TD and an interception. Lamar Miller (98 yards on 20 rush attempts) spearheaded the running attack. DeAndre Hopkins (eight receptions, 78 yards) and Bruce Ellington (four catches, 37 yards, one TD) shared the receiving duties in the defeat.
Tennessee just fell 27-20 to Miami a week ago. As a group, the Titans collectively completed 20-of-38 passes for 220 yards and three interceptions. Blaine Gabbert went 11-for-22 for 117 yards and one interception while Marcus Mariota was nine-of-16 for 103 yards and two interceptions. Dion Lewis (75 yards on 16 rush attempts, one TD) and Derrick Henry (26 yards on 10 carries) handled the running game while Corey Davis (six receptions, 62 yards) and Lewis (five catches, 35 yards) led the pass-catching corps in the loss.
It seems like the Titans ought to be the more disruptive team in the trenches. Their offensive line allowed just 35 sacks last season while the D-line registered 43 sacks. The Texans O-line allowed 54 sacks last year and their defense got to opposing signal-callerss just 32 times..
Houston Texans at Tennessee Titans Free Betting Pick
SU Winner: Titans
Team Betting Trends
- Houston was favored by 7 points in its last game and the O/U going into it was 49. The under cashed and Houston did not cover in the 27-20 loss to New England.
- The Tennessee offense has lost zero fumbles this season while Houston has lost one.
- In its last three matchups, Houston is 0-3 ATS and the under cashed in two of those three.
- Tennessee was a pick ’em in its previous matchup and the O/U was 43.5. The over cashed and Tennessee obviously failed to cover in the team’s 27-20 loss to Miami.
- In its last three games, Tennessee is 2-1 ATS and the under cashed in two of those three.
- The Texans converted 28 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Titans only logged 14 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Texans created eight rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Titans put up 18 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Texans registered 4.1 yards per carry last season while allowing 4.0 yards per rush attempt to opponents.
- The Titans tallied 4.1 yards per carry last season and allowed a YPC of 3.6 to opponents.
- The Texans offense yielded 54 sacks last season. Their defense created 32 sacks.
- The Titans offense allowed 35 sacks last year. Their defense got to opposing signal-callers 43 times.
- The Houston D has sacked opposing QBs two times this season. Tennessee has registered one sacks.