The Houston Rockets (4-6), 1-point favorites, will be at the AT&T Center to take on the San Antonio Spurs (6-4) in a Southwest Division matchup. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 209.5 points and it can be seen on NBATV at 8:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 10, 2018.
Houston Rockets vs. San Antonio Spurs ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last matchup. The Spurs (1-point underdogs) were defeated by the Miami Heat, 95-88, while the Rockets (5-point favorites) fell to the Oklahoma City Thunder, 98-80. The San Antonio game finished 33.5 points under the projected point total of 216.5, while the Houston game went 35.5 points under the projected point total of 213.5.
Houston had a better effective field goal percentage (0.445 vs. 0.500) while San Antonio had a better turnover percentage (10.7 vs. 11.4). DeMar DeRozan had a good outing for San Antonio, finishing with 18 points, 14 rebounds and eight assists. Houston, meanwhile, rallied around James Harden, who put up 19 points, eight rebounds and five assists.
The Rockets edged out the Spurs in this series last year, taking three out of four games. In the last contest, San Antonio won 100-83. San Antonio’s 0.531 effective field goal percentage was its biggest advantage over Houston, who had a rate of 0.383. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
Vegas has been spot on when setting the total of Rockets games, with an even split between overs and unders. Houston heads into the game with records of 4-6 straight up (SU) and 3-7 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas is known to set the total low when the Spurs are involved, as six of their 10 games have ended over the total. Moreover, San Antonio owns records of 6-4 SU and 5-5 ATS.
Clint Capela has been playing at a high level recently for Houston, averaging 16.0 points, 12.8 rebounds and 1.8 blocks over the last five games.
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the league’s slowest-paced teams battle. San Antonio ranks 21st in possessions per game (102.3) and Houston is 28th (100.0). Furthermore, the Rockets rank 29th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.169), while the Spurs rank second in opponents’ FTA rate (0.162).
Houston Rockets vs. San Antonio Spurs Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Rockets, ATS Winner – Rockets, O/U – Under
- Houston ranks first in three pointers attempted per game (41.9) while San Antonio ranks 28th (24.6).
- The Spurs rank 13th in rebounds per game (45.7) while the Rockets rank 26th (41.6).
- San Antonio ranks fourth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.8) while Houston ranks 11th (16.5).
- Houston is 27th in the league with 41.0 points in the paint per game while San Antonio is 28th with 40.8 points in the paint per game.
- The Rockets rank fifth in blocks per game (6.2) while the Spurs rank 19th (4.1).
- The Rockets rank 23rd in fast break points per game (11.3) while the Spurs rank 29th (6.8).
- Houston ranks third in assists allowed per game (21.4) while San Antonio ranks 17th (23.8).
- San Antonio and Houston are both 2-1 when they hold opponents under 100 points.
- The Spurs are 6-2 when they score over 100 points, while the Rockets are 2-3.
- San Antonio is 3-3 ATS at home, while Houston is 3-3 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 4 of the Spurs’ 6 home games, while 3 of the Rockets’ 6 road games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Houston and San Antonio are both 2-3 ATS.
- The Rockets have 4 unders and 1 over over their last five games, while the Spurs have 3 unders and 2 overs,
- During their last five games, the Rockets have scored an average of 95.6 points per game (7.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 99.0 points per game (9.9 below their season average).
- The Spurs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.0, up from 1.1 for the season.