It figures to be a high-scoring affair as the Houston Rockets (55-14), 7-point favorites, visit Minnesota to take on the Timberwolves (40-30). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 221 points and it can be seen on NBATV at 7 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 18, 2018.
Houston Rockets vs. Minnesota Timberwolves ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Timberwolves lost to the San Antonio Spurs, 117-101, while the Rockets defeated the New Orleans Pelicans, 107-101.
Houston played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 7.4 (better than their season average of 12.3) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.7 (above their season average of 21.9). For those same stats, New Orleans recorded marks of 14.0 and 16.2, respectively. Minnesota, meanwhile, did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (16-20; 80.0 percent). Andrew Wiggins played well for Minnesota with 21 points, five rebounds and five assists. Houston, meanwhile, received a boost from James Harden, who put up 32 points, 11 rebounds and eight assists.
This showdown figures to be a shootout as two of the leagues premier offenses square off. Minnesota ranks third with 112.0 points per 100 possessions and Houston is second (113.9).
Of the Rockets 68 games that accepted bets, 37 have finished under the projected point total. Houston heads into the game with records of 55-14 straight up (SU) and 36-31-1 against the spread (ATS).
Games including the Timberwolves have a tendency to go over the total (55.1 percent). Additionally, Minnesota is 40-30 SU and 32-34-3 ATS.
In their three matchups this year, the Rockets have won all three. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to score 222 points, just under the projected point total of 223. Houston won 120-102, covering as an 8-point favorite. Houston made good use of their 30 trips to the free throw line, making 26 of them (86.7 percent). Minnesota, on the other hand, was 12-16 (75.0 percent). Clint Capela recorded a double-double with 25 points and 11 rebounds.
Houston Rockets vs. Minnesota Timberwolves Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Rockets, ATS Winner – Rockets, O/U – Under
- Houston ranks first in three pointers attempted per game (42.2) while Minnesota ranks last (22.2).
- The Rockets rank 15th in fast break points per game (11.6) while the Timberwolves rank 26th (9.5).
- Minnesota averages 17.9 points off turnovers per game, which ranks fifth in the league. Houston ranks 14th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.0).
- Houston ranks first in rebounds allowed per game (41.2) while Minnesota ranks third (41.7).
- The Timberwolves average 48.9 points in the paint per game, which ranks fifth in the NBA. The Rockets rank 28th in points allowed in the paint per game (48.0).
- The Timberwolves rank first in steals allowed per game (6.4) while the Rockets rank eighth (7.3).
- Minnesota ranks third in second chance points per game (13.9) while Houston ranks 20th (11.5).
- When allowing less than 100 points, Minnesota is 16-4 and Houston is 26-2.
- The Rockets are 53-11 when they score above 100 points, while the Timberwolves are 38-20.
- Houston is 23-12 ATS on the road, while Minnesota is 17-16-1 ATS at home.
- Of the Rockets 35 road games, they have 21 unders, 13 overs and 1 push.
- The Timberwolves have 19 overs, 14 unders and 1 push in 34 home games.
- The Rockets are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Timberwolves are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Houston has 5 unders, while Minnesota has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Rockets average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.4, up from 8.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Timberwolves have scored an average of 108.6 points per game (1.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 112.8 points per game (5.5 above their season average).