The Los Angeles Lakers (34-46) welcome the Houston Rockets (64-16) to Staples Center to commence Western Conference play. Action gets underway at 10:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, April 10, 2018, and can be seen on TNT.
Houston Rockets at Los Angeles Lakers ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last game. The Lakers fell to the Utah Jazz, 112-97, while the Rockets were defeated by the Oklahoma City Thunder, 108-102.
Houston held Oklahoma City to an effective field goal percentage of 0.451 (below their season average of 0.513) while Los Angeles forced Utah into a turnover percentage of 16.3 (above their season average of 13.2). Los Angeles’ Josh Hart had a good game, putting up 25 points. James Harden, meanwhile was a key piece for Houston with 26 points and nine assists.
Los Angeles might have a tough time scoring as they go head-to-head against one of the league’s best defenses. Houston currently ranks seventh in defensive efficiency, while the Lakers rank 23rd in offensive efficiency.
Rockets games tend to go under the O/U total (56.3 percent). Houston comes into the game with records of 64-16 straight up (SU) and 41-37-2 against the spread (ATS).
In opposition of Houston, just over half of Lakers games have finished over the total. Moreover, Los Angeles owns records of 34-46 SU and 41-38-1 ATS.
In three contests against each other this year, the Rockets have won two. In their most recent game, the two teams combined for 290 points, well over the projected point total of 225.5. Houston won 148-142 but was unable to cover as a 15-point favorite. Houston had a better turnover percentage (8.2 vs. 10.3). Los Angeles, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (34.9 vs. 27.8). Harden put up a double-double in the victory with 40 points and 11 assists.
Houston Rockets at Los Angeles Lakers Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Lakers, ATS Winner – Lakers, O/U – Under
- The Lakers rank second in fast break points per game (17.3) while the Rockets rank 16th (11.4).
- Los Angeles ranks first in points in the paint per game (52.1) while Houston ranks 27th (40.9).
- The Rockets rank sixth in points off turnovers per game (17.5) while the Lakers rank 25th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.4).
- Los Angeles ranks second in second chance points per game (14.2) while Houston ranks 21st (11.5).
- Houston averages 8.6 steals per game, which ranks fifth in the NBA. Los Angeles ranks 21st in steals allowed per game (8.3).
- The Rockets rank seventh in blocks allowed per game (4.5) while the Lakers rank 28th (5.5).
- The Rockets rank first in three pointers attempted per game (42.2) while the Lakers rank 19th in three pointers allowed per game (30.1).
- Los Angeles averages 23.8 assists per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. Houston ranks 11th in assists allowed per game (22.4).
- Houston ranks fourth in rebounds allowed per game (41.9) while Los Angeles ranks 24th (44.8).
- In games where they allow less than 100 points, Houston is 31-2 and Los Angeles is 13-5.
- When reaching the century mark, the Rockets are 61-12 and the Lakers are 31-29.
- Los Angeles is 21-19 ATS at home, while Houston is 24-14-1 ATS on the road.
- The Rockets have 23 unders, 15 overs and 1 push in 39 road games.
- In 40 home games, the Lakers have 20 overs and 20 unders.
- The Lakers are 2-3 ATS over their last five games, while the Rockets are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Los Angeles has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Houston has 4 unders and 1 over.
- During their last five games, the Lakers have scored an average of 101.6 points per game (6.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 107.6 points per game (2.2 below their season average).
- The Rockets have been outscored by an average of 0.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Houston has defeated opponents by an average of 8.8 points.