It will be a clash between two superb defenses when the Indiana Pacers (7-3), 1-point favorites, take on the Houston Rockets (3-5) at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 212 points and it will air on ATTSN Southwest at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, November 5, 2018.
Houston Rockets at Indiana Pacers ATS Odds
The last time the Pacers played, they narrowly defeated the Boston Celtics, 102-101, as 3.5-point underdogs. The Rockets, on the other hand, topped the Chicago Bulls, 96-88, but were unable to cover as 8.5-point favorites. The Indiana game went 3 points under the projected point total of 206, while the Houston game went 39 points under the projected point total of 223.
Houston dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.3 (below their season average of 24.3) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.500 (above their season average of 0.499). For those same stats, Chicago put up marks of 10.3 and 0.431, respectively. The Pacers, on the other hand, made 19 of their 25 free throws (76.0 percent) and had a better turnover percentage (11.7 vs. 13.2). Victor Oladipo led the way for Indiana, putting up 24 points and 12 rebounds. Houston, meanwhile, rallied around James Harden, who finished with 25 points and seven assists.
The Rockets dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the last contest, Houston won 118-97. Houston’s free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Indiana. The Rockets had a rate of 0.186, while the Pacers posted a mark of 0.068.
Of the Rockets’ eight games, five have gone over the projected point total. Houston comes into the contest with records of 3-5 straight up (SU) and 2-6 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Houston, games featuring the Pacers have typically finished under the projected point total (60.0 percent). Further, Indiana owns records of 7-3 SU and 5-4-1 ATS.
Oladipo has been playing at a high level recently for Indiana, averaging 23.0 points, 7.4 rebounds, 5.6 assists and 2.0 steals over the last five games.
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the league’s slowest-paced teams clash. Indiana ranks 27th in possessions per game (97.7) and Houston is 26th (99.3) dating back to the 2017-18 season. ,
Houston Rockets at Indiana Pacers Betting Pick
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- The Pacers rank fifth in assists allowed per game (22.7) while the Rockets rank sixth (22.2).
- Houston ranks first in three pointers attempted per game (41.8) while Indiana ranks 29th (24.6).
- The Pacers rank fourth in steals allowed per game (6.9) while the Rockets rank 14th (7.3).
- Houston ranks fifth in second chance points allowed per game (11.6) while Indiana ranks 14th (12.4).
- Houston ranks 22nd in rebounds per game (43.3) while Indiana ranks 28th (42.1).
- The Pacers rank ninth in points in the paint per game (45.3) while the Rockets rank 28th (41.2).
- The Rockets average 5.0 blocks per game, which ranks 16th in the league. The Pacers rank 24th in blocks allowed per game (5.2).
- Indiana ranks second in points off turnovers per game (18.6) while Houston ranks 15th (16.9).
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Houston is 39-3 and Indiana is 31-5.
- The Pacers are 47-19 when they score over 100 points, while the Rockets are 73-18.