The Brooklyn Nets (19-35) will be at home in Barclays Center when they square off against the Houston Rockets (38-13). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 218 points with Houston opening as a 10.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 6, 2018, and it can be seen on YES Network.
Houston Rockets vs. Brooklyn Nets Betting Preview
In the Rockets’ last game, they won big over the Cleveland Cavaliers, 120-88. Chris Paul was the top scorer from either team with 22 points on 8-for-14 shooting. Houston played a flawless game. They had a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 7.4 (better than their season average of 12.6) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.575 (above their season average of 0.552). Cleveland put up marks of 10.5 and 0.437, respectively, for those same stats.
The Nets are hoping for a better outcome after their 109-94 loss to the Milwaukee Bucks in their last game. With nine points and 10 assists, Spencer Dinwiddie played well for Brooklyn. Milwaukee did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (17-21; 81.0 percent). Brooklyn, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (8.6 vs. 12.6).
It could be a tough game for Brooklyn on the offensive glass. The Nets currently rank 17th in offensive rebounding percentage (21.8 percent), while Houston ranks first in defensive rebounding percentage (81.7 percent). Moreover, the Rockets rank second in offensive efficiency (113.1), while the Nets rank 21st in defensive efficiency (107.5).
Of Houston’s 51 games, 27 have finished under the projected point total, while 31 of Brooklyn’s 54 games have finished under the projected point total. The Rockets hold the clear advantage straight up (SU) (38-13 vs. 19-35), but the Nets have been superior against the spread (ATS) (31-22-1 vs. 25-25-1).
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 220 points, just under the projected point total of 224. The Rockets won 117-103, but were unable to cover as 18-point favorites. Houston had a better offensive rebounding percentage (17.8 vs. 15.0). Brooklyn, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (12.2 vs. 13.7). James Harden put up a double-double in the victory with 37 points and 10 rebounds.
Houston Rockets vs. Brooklyn Nets ATS Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Rockets, ATS Winner – Rockets, O/U – Under
- The Nets rank 15th in points in the paint per game (44.1) while the Rockets rank 28th in points allowed in the paint per game (47.6).
- Houston averages 11.7 second chance points per game, which ranks 16th in the league. Brooklyn ranks 21st in second chance points allowed per game (13.1).
- Houston ranks 17th in blocks allowed per game (4.9) while Brooklyn ranks 29th (5.7).
- Brooklyn is 14-11-1 ATS at home, while Houston is 15-10 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 16 of the Rockets’ 25 road games, while 15 of the Nets’ 26 home games have gone under.
- In games where they allow less than 100 points, Brooklyn is 11-1 and Houston is 18-2.
- The Rockets are 37-10 when they reach the century mark, while the Nets are 15-21.
- The Nets rank first in three pointers allowed per game (25.1) while the Rockets rank 13th (29.0).
- Houston ranks third in steals per game (8.9) while Brooklyn ranks last (6.0).
- The Rockets rank third in rebounds allowed per game (41.2) while the Nets rank last (46.1).
- The Nets average 10.0 fast break points per game, which ranks 19th in the NBA. The Rockets rank 23rd in fast break points allowed per game (12.8).
- Houston ranks sixth in points off turnovers per game (18.0) while Brooklyn ranks 29th (14.1).
- Brooklyn is 1-4 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Houston is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Nets average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.0, up from 3.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rockets have scored an average of 112.4 points per game (1.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 100.6 points per game (5.1 below their season average).