Both teams will try to continue their winning streaks as the Houston Rockets (51-13) square off against the Toronto Raptors (47-17) at Air Canada Centre. The Rockets are riding a 17-game winning streak, while the Raptors have won six consecutive games. Houston opened as a 1-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 221 points. Action starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Friday, March 9, 2018, and it can be seen on ATTSN Southwest.
Houston Rockets at Toronto Raptors Odds Preview
The Rockets were victorious over the Milwaukee Bucks in their last contest, 110-99. James Harden was Houston’s leading scorer with 26 points on 8-for-20 shooting. Houston played a nearly flawless game. They had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 27.3 (above their season average of 21.7) and a free throw rate of 0.220 (below their season average of 0.245). Milwaukee put up marks of 14.6 and 0.169, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Raptors’ last game, they defeated the Detroit Pistons, 121-119. Toronto received a boost from DeMar DeRozan, who was the top scorer from either team with 42 points on 16-for-28 shooting. The Raptors forced 17 turnovers and had a better offensive rebounding percentage (21.2 vs. 20.0).
It might turn into a high-scoring affair as a pair of the NBA’s premier offenses go head-to-head. Toronto currently ranks fourth with 111.5 points per 100 possessions and Houston is second (114.2). Also, the Rockets, who rank first in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.245), could earn plenty of trips to the line against the Raptors, who rank 25th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.217).
Of Houston’s 64 games, 33 have finished under the projected point total, while 33 of Toronto’s 64 games have finished over the O/U total. Both teams have excellent straight up (SU) records (51-13 for Houston; 47-17 for Toronto), but the Raptors hold a slight edge against the spread (ATS). Toronto is 36-28 ATS, while the Rockets are 34-29-1.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 242 points in that game, which was well over the projected point total of 217.5. The Raptors won 129-113, covering as 7-point underdogs. The Raptors’ 11.1 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Rockets, who had a mark of 16.4. Harden had a double-double in the loss with 38 points and 11 assists.
Houston Rockets vs. Toronto Raptors Free Prediction
Free Pick: SU Winner – Rockets, ATS Winner – Rockets, O/U – Under
- The Rockets rank second in rebounds allowed per game (41.0) while the Raptors rank 16th (43.0).
- Toronto ranks eighth in fast break points per game (13.8) while Houston ranks 16th in fast break points allowed per game (11.9).
- Toronto ranks third in points off turnovers per game (18.4) while Houston ranks 15th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.3).
- Toronto ranks seventh in assists per game (23.8) while Houston ranks 13th in assists allowed per game (22.9).
- On the road, Houston is 22-11 ATS with 19 unders, 13 overs and 1 push.
- At home, Toronto is 18-14 ATS with 17 unders and 15 overs.
- Houston is 23-2 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Toronto is 23-5.
- The Raptors are 44-10 when they reach the century mark, while the Rockets are 49-10.
- The Raptors rank second in three pointers allowed per game (25.0) while the Rockets rank 13th (28.9).
- Toronto ranks sixth in points in the paint per game (48.2) while Houston ranks 28th in points allowed in the paint per game (48.2).
- The Rockets rank ninth in second chance points allowed per game (11.7) while the Raptors rank 25th (13.3).
- The Raptors rank third in steals allowed per game (6.9) while the Rockets rank ninth (7.5).
- Toronto ranks second in blocks per game (6.1) while Houston ranks 17th (4.6).
- Toronto is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Houston is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Raptors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.6, down from 8.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rockets have scored an average of 111.2 points per game (2.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 101.6 points per game (3.6 below their season average).