The Minnesota Timberwolves (1-2) will be 5.5-point underdogs at home in game four of the First Round of the Western Conference Playoffs when they challenge the Houston Rockets (2-1). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 219 points and it can be seen on TNT at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, April 23, 2018.
Houston Rockets at Minnesota Timberwolves Betting Odds
In game three, Towns led the Timberwolves to a 121-105 victory. He notched a double-double with 18 points and 16 rebounds. The two teams combined for 226 points, which was over the projected point total of 214.5, and Minnesota covered as a 5.5-point underdog. The Timberwolves’ turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Rockets. Minnesota had a rate of 6.6, while Houston posted a mark of 9.8.
This meeting figures to be a shootout as two of the NBA’s top offenses go head-to-head. Minnesota ranks fourth with 111.3 points per 100 possessions and Houston is second (112.7).
Of the Rockets’ 85 games, 49 have finished under the total. Houston heads into the game with records of 67-18 straight up (SU) and 42-41-2 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Timberwolves’ 85 games, 46 have finished over the total. Further, Minnesota is 48-37 SU and 40-42-3 ATS.
Houston Rockets at Minnesota Timberwolves Free Pick
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Rockets, ATS Winner – Rockets, O/U – Under
- The Timberwolves rank third in rebounds allowed per game (41.9) while the Rockets rank seventh (42.2).
- Houston ranks first in three pointers attempted per game (42.4) while Minnesota ranks last (22.5).
- The Timberwolves rank 17th in assists per game (22.7) while the Rockets rank 27th (21.4).
- Houston ranks 17th in fast break points per game (11.3) while Minnesota ranks 25th (9.7).
- Minnesota averages 17.4 points off turnovers per game, which ranks fifth in the NBA. Houston ranks 11th in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.6).
- The Timberwolves rank fourth in points in the paint per game (49.1) while the Rockets rank 28th (40.8).
- The Rockets rank fifth in blocks allowed per game (4.4) while the Timberwolves rank 11th (4.7).
- Minnesota ranks seventh in second chance points per game (13.5) while Houston ranks ninth in second chance points allowed per game (11.9).
- Minnesota ranks first in steals allowed per game (6.5) while Houston ranks 11th (7.4).
- Houston is 33-3 when they allow under 100 points, while Minnesota is 19-4.
- When reaching 100 points, the Rockets are 64-13 and the Timberwolves are 45-23.
- Minnesota is 22-19-1 ATS at home, while Houston is 24-17-1 ATS on the road.
- The Rockets have 25 unders, 16 overs and 1 push in 42 road games.
- In 42 home games, the Timberwolves have 25 overs, 16 unders and 1 push.
- The Timberwolves are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Rockets are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Minnesota has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Houston has 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Timberwolves’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.6, up from 2.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rockets have scored an average of 99.8 points per game (12.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 99.8 points per game (4.0 below their season average).