The Houston Rockets (1-2), 8.5-point underdogs, will travel to ORACLE Arena to go head-to-head with the Golden State Warriors (2-1) in game four of the Western Conference Finals. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 224 points and it will air on TNT at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, May 22, 2018.
Houston Rockets vs. Golden State Warriors Betting Odds
In game three, Curry led the Warriors to a 126-85 victory. He was the games top overall scorer with 35 points. The two teams combined to put up 211 points, which was well under the projected point total of 226, and Golden State covered as a 7.5-point favorite. The Warriors turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Rockets. Golden State had a rate of 7.4, while Houston posted a mark of 18.0.
This contest figures to be a shootout as two of the NBA’s best offenses battle. Golden State currently ranks second with 112.6 points per 100 possessions and Houston is first (112.7). Ball protection should be an advantage for the Rockets. They rank 5th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 12.9 percent). Conversely, the Warriors force the seventh-fewest turnovers in the league (opponents turnover percentage of 13.1 percent).
Games involving the Rockets have typically finished under the projected point total (55.8 percent). Houston heads into the game with records of 74-21 straight up (SU) and 48-45-2 against the spread (ATS).
Similarly to Houston, Warriors games have finished under the O/U total 50.5 percent of the time. Golden State is 68-27 SU, but they are just 40-52-3 ATS.
The Rockets are 1-4 ATS with four unders and one over in the playoffs. The Warriors, meanwhile, are 14-10 with 14 unders, nine overs and one push,
Chris Paul has been impressive recently for Houston, averaging 24.4 points, 8.2 rebounds, 6.2 assists and 1.6 steals over the last five games.
Houston Rockets vs. Golden State Warriors Odds Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Rockets, O/U – Under
- The Warriors rank 17th in points in the paint per game (43.6) while the Rockets rank 28th (41.2).
- Golden State ranks first in assists per game (29.0) while Houston ranks 27th (21.4).
- The Warriors rank first in fast break points per game (19.0) while the Rockets rank 17th (11.2).
- Houston ranks first in three pointers attempted per game (41.9) while Golden State ranks 16th (29.1).
- Golden State ranks first in blocks per game (7.2) while Houston ranks 13th (4.9).
- The Rockets rank fifth in steals per game (8.4) while the Warriors rank 28th in steals allowed per game (8.5).
- The Rockets rank 11th in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.4) while the Warriors rank 26th (18.0).
- Houston ranks sixth in second chance points allowed per game (11.6) while Golden State ranks 25th (13.4).
- In games where they allow below 100 points, Golden State is 20-5 and Houston is 36-3.
- The Rockets are 71-15 when they score more than 100 points, while the Warriors are 64-17.
- Houston is 27-18-1 ATS on the road, while Golden State is 19-27-2 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 24 of the Warriors 48 home games, while 28 of the Rockets 46 road games have gone under.
- The Warriors are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Rockets are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Golden State has 4 unders and 1 over, while Houston has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- During their last five games, the Warriors have scored an average of 116.2 points per game (3.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 102.8 points per game (4.0 below their season average).
- The Rockets have been outscored by an average of 1.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Houston has defeated opponents by an average of 8.0 points.