The Atlanta Hawks (1-7) look to put an end to their seven-game losing streak when they clash against the Houston Rockets (6-3) at Philips Arena. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 213.5 points with Houston set as an 8-point favorite. Action starts at at 7:30 p.m. ET on Friday, November 3, 2017, and it can be seen on ATTSN Southwest.
Houston Rockets at Atlanta Hawks Free Preview
In the Rockets’ last outing, they dismantled the New York Knicks, 119-97. James Harden was the top scorer from either team with 31 points on 9-for-23 shooting. Houston dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.182 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0 (below their season average of 20.4). For those same stats, New York was 0.122 and 14.0, respectively.
In the Hawks’ last matchup, they were thoroughly outplayed by the Philadelphia 76ers, 119-109. With 17 points and 11 rebounds, Taurean Prince put together a good outing for Atlanta. Philadelphia had an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.8 (above their season average of 23.0). Atlanta, meanwhile, did a great job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (19-27; 70.4 percent).
The game should be a showdown of strength against strength as the high-powered offense of Houston takes on the stingy defense of Atlanta. Since the 2016-17 season, the Rockets rank third in offensive efficiency, while the Hawks are fourth in defensive efficiency.
Houston games have gone under 66.7 percent of the time, while 62.5 percent of games including Atlanta have gone under. The Rockets come into this game with a sizable advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 6-3 SU and 4-5 ATS, while the Hawks are 1-7 SU and 2-5-1 ATS.
The Hawks won both contests against the Rockets last season. In the most recent game, the Hawks won 112-97. The Hawks dominated every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 16.6 and a free throw rate of 0.165. The Rockets recorded marks of 22.3 and 0.129, respectively, for those same stats.
Houston Rockets at Atlanta Hawks Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Rockets, ATS Winner – Hawks, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Rockets rank 10th in steals per game (8.1) while the Hawks rank 29th in steals allowed per game (8.9).
- Houston averages 14.3 second chance points per game, which ranks seventh in the league. Atlanta ranks 17th in second chance points allowed per game (13.0).
- Houston ranks fifth in fast break points per game (15.3) while Atlanta ranks 21st (11.7).
- Houston averages 4.4 blocks per game, which ranks 21st in the league. Atlanta ranks 24th in blocks allowed per game (5.3).
- Houston is 24-1 when they allow less than 100 points, while Atlanta is 26-7.
- When reaching 100 points, the Hawks are 40-17 and the Rockets are 65-27.
- The Rockets average 24.2 assists per game, which ranks fourth in the league. The Hawks rank 20th in assists allowed per game (23.4).
- Houston averages 40.5 three pointers per game, which ranks first in the league. Atlanta ranks 29th in three pointers allowed per game (30.4).
- The Hawks rank third in points allowed in the paint per game (40.0) while the Rockets rank last (48.4).
- The Hawks rank 10th in rebounds per game (44.2) while the Rockets rank 20th in rebounds allowed per game (44.2).
- Houston ranks second in points off turnovers per game (18.0) while Atlanta ranks 24th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.5).