The Northwestern State Demons (3-21, 0-13 SthLnd), who are currently riding a 16-game losing streak, will attempt to get back in the win column when they welcome the Houston Baptist Huskies (5-20, 1-11 SthLnd) to Prather Coliseum. Action gets underway at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 14, 2018.
Houston Baptist Huskies vs. Northwestern State Demons Odds Preview
The Huskies lost big to the Nicholls Colonels in their last outing, 94-67. With 15 points on 6-for-13 shooting, Ian DuBose was Houston Baptist’s leading scorer. Nicholls had a turnover percentage of 11.5 (better than their season average of 18.2). Houston Baptist, on the other hand, held the Colonels to an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.1 (below their season average of 31.6).
In the Demons last matchup, they were blown out by the Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks, 97-50. Ishmael Lane led Northwestern State in scoring with 10 points on 4-for-6 shooting. Stephen F. Austin had a free throw rate of 0.392 (above their season average of 0.263). Northwestern State, meanwhile, held the Lumberjacks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.8 (below their season average of 34.9).
The offensive glass should be a major edge for Northwestern State in this battle. The Demons rank 81st in offensive rebounding percentage (32.4 percent), while Houston Baptist ranks 225th in defensive rebounding percentage (70.5 percent).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Huskies won the sole game last season, 86-69. The Huskies dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 48.5 and a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.563. The Demons recorded marks of 27.0 and 0.466, respectively, for those same stats.
Houston Baptist Huskies at Northwestern State Demons Free Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Northwestern State, ATS Winner – Northwestern State, O/U – Over
- The Huskies average 6.7 steals per game, which ranks 90th in the nation. The Demons rank 220th in steals allowed per game (8.4).
- Northwestern State ranks 68th in blocks per game (4.0) while Houston Baptist ranks 196th in blocks allowed per game (5.6).
- Houston Baptist ranks 22nd in rebounds per game (39.4) while Northwestern State ranks 256th in rebounds allowed per game (38.3).
- The Huskies rank 153rd in three pointers attempted per game (21.9) while the Demons rank 297th (15.7).
- Houston Baptist ranks 139th in assists per game (13.9) while Northwestern State ranks 276th (9.0).
- The Demons average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 19.8, up from 15.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Huskies have scored an average of 80.0 points per game (3.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 92.2 points per game (7.8 above their season average).