The Houston Baptist Huskies (3-6) look to put an end to a five-game road losing streak when they clash against the UTSA Roadrunners (5-5) at UTSA Convocation Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Houston Baptist Huskies vs. UTSA Roadrunners Betting Preview
In the Huskies last outing, they lost a close one to the Saint Peter’s Peacocks, 76-74. Houston Baptist’s Josh Ibarra had a solid game, leading both teams in scoring with 26 points on 10-for-20 shooting. Saint Peter’s did a great job of making free throws (16-17; 94.1 percent). Houston Baptist, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 51.2 (above their season average of 35.4).
The Roadrunners are hoping for a better outcome after their 97-85 loss to the Oklahoma Sooners in their last outing. Jhivvan Jackson was the top scorer from either team with 31 points on 11-for-17 shooting. Oklahoma did a great job of converting from the free throw line (12-16; 75.0 percent). UTSA, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (12.1 vs. 13.7).
The battle on the backboards could prove decisive, pitting strength against strength. The Huskies rank 10th in offensive rebounding percentage (37.0 percent), while UTSA ranks 45th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.4 percent) since last season.
Houston Baptist Huskies at UTSA Roadrunners Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Houston Baptist, ATS Winner – Houston Baptist, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Huskies rank 211th in blocks per game (2.8) while the Roadrunners rank 246th (2.3).
- UTSA averages 6.1 steals per game, which ranks 165th in the nation. Houston Baptist ranks 190th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- Houston Baptist ranks 72nd in assists per game (15.1) while UTSA ranks 246th (12.1).
- The Huskies average 39.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 40th in the nation. The Roadrunners rank 205th in rebounds allowed per game (36.2).
- UTSA ranks 151st in three pointers allowed per game (21.3) while Houston Baptist ranks 232nd (22.9).