The Saint Peter’s Peacocks (3-4) will be at home in Yanitelli Center when they meet the Houston Baptist Huskies (3-5). Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
Houston Baptist Huskies at Saint Peter’s Peacocks Betting Preview
The Huskies won big over the Texas State Bobcats in their last matchup, 71-52. With 14 points, 17 rebounds and six assists, Josh Ibarra had a solid outing for Houston Baptist. The Huskies, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.503, had a superb mark of 0.588 and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.7 (above their season average of 34.9).
In the Peacocks last matchup, they were dismantled by the Elon Phoenix, 71-65. Quinn Taylor led Saint Peter’s in scoring with 17 points on 5-for-11 shooting. Elon had a free throw rate of 0.281 (above their season average of 0.165). Saint Peter’s, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 8.9 (better than their season average of 16.6).
Saint Peter’s appears to have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. The Peacocks rank 76th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.480), while Houston Baptist is 203rd in effective field goal percentage (0.505) dating back to last season. It will also be a battle of opposite paces as the fast-paced Huskies rank 58th in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Peacocks rank 345th.
The Huskies won the sole contest against the Peacocks last season, 62-47. The Huskies played a nearly flawless game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 38.2 and a solid free throw rate of 0.275. The Peacocks recorded marks of 15.2 and 0.160, respectively, for those same stats.
Houston Baptist Huskies vs. Saint Peter’s Peacocks Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Houston Baptist, ATS Winner – Houston Baptist, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Peacocks rank 125th in three pointers attempted per game (22.3) while the Huskies rank 251st (18.9).
- Saint Peter’s ranks 41st in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Houston Baptist ranks 156th (3.5).
- Houston Baptist ranks 35th in rebounds per game (39.0) while Saint Peter’s ranks 278th (32.8).
- The Peacocks rank 50th in assists allowed per game (11.5) while the Huskies rank 256th (14.7).
- Saint Peter’s ranks 28th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while Houston Baptist ranks 210th (6.7).