The Houston Baptist Huskies (4-9) can snap an eight-game road losing streak when they take on the Lamar Cardinals (8-4) at Montagne Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 28, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Houston Baptist Huskies vs. Lamar Cardinals Odds Preview
The last time the Huskies played, they lost big to the Vanderbilt Commodores, 81-48. With 20 points on 6-for-10 shooting, Ian DuBose was the games high scorer. Vanderbilt was lights out from beyond the arc (12-30; 40.0 percent). Houston Baptist, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (16.2 vs. 17.0).
The Cardinals are trying to rebound after their 77-68 loss to the UC Davis Aggies in their last contest. With 12 points and seven rebounds, Lamar’s Colton Weisbrod had a solid game. UC Davis did an excellent job of making free throws (19-20; 95.0 percent). Lamar, meanwhile, held the Aggies to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.0 (below their season average of 26.0).
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Lamar figures to have a considerable advantage. The Cardinals defense ranks 94th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.481), while the Houston Baptist offense is ranked 318th in effective field goal percentage (0.466).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Huskies won both matchups last season. In the last game, Houston Baptist won 75-68. Houston Baptist had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (35.3 vs. 17.1). Lamar, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (11.0 vs. 15.1).
Houston Baptist Huskies vs. Lamar Cardinals Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Houston Baptist, ATS Winner – Houston Baptist, O/U – Under
- The Cardinals rank fifth in steals per game (10.3) while the Huskies rank 103rd (6.6).
- Houston Baptist ranks 13th in rebounds per game (41.5) while Lamar ranks 168th in rebounds allowed per game (36.1).
- The Cardinals rank 77th in assists allowed per game (12.2) while the Huskies rank 225th (17.3).
- Lamar ranks 122nd in three pointers allowed per game (21.7) while Houston Baptist ranks 254th (27.3).
- The Cardinals average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.0, down from 11.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Huskies have scored an average of 71.0 points per game (8.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 83.2 points per game (1.0 below their season average).