The Incarnate Word Cardinals (6-20, 1-15 SthLnd) can snap a seven-game home losing streak when they clash against the Houston Baptist Huskies (6-23, 2-14 SthLnd) at Alice P. McDermott Convocation Center. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
Houston Baptist Huskies vs. Incarnate Word Cardinals Free Preview
The Huskies were beaten by the McNeese State Cowboys in their last outing, 88-79. Houston Baptist’s Braxton Bonds had a solid performance, recording 10 points, 10 assists and eight rebounds. McNeese State did a terrific job of making free throws (25-30; 83.3 percent). Houston Baptist, on the other hand, held the Cowboys to an effective field goal percentage of 0.477 (below the 0.557 mark opponents have averaged against Houston Baptist this season).
The last time the Cardinals played, they defeated the Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders, 69-62. Shawn Johnson was a key piece for Incarnate Word with 14 points and 10 rebounds. Incarnate Word dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 28.3) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.550 (above their season average of 0.480). For those same stats, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi was 26.3 and 0.438, respectively.
The physical Incarnate Word offense looks poised to dominate from the charity stripe. The Cardinals currently rank 15th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.302, while Houston Baptist ranks 285th in FTA rate allowed (0.271). Furthermore, the Huskies, who rank 12th in offensive rebounding percentage (35.9 percent), will clash against the Cardinals, who rank 345th in defensive rebounding percentage (64.8 percent).
These teams have already met once this season. The Huskies won 102-86. The Huskies played a nearly flawless game. They had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 8.2 and an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 39.6. The Cardinals recorded marks of 16.2 and 27.3, respectively, for those same stats. Bonds was a top performer in the victory, with 22 points and six rebounds.
Houston Baptist Huskies at Incarnate Word Cardinals Free Prediction
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Incarnate Word, ATS Winner – Incarnate Word, O/U – Under
- The Huskies average 6.7 steals per game, which ranks 89th in the nation. The Cardinals rank 213th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- Houston Baptist ranks 153rd in three pointers attempted per game (21.9) while Incarnate Word ranks 276th (17.7).
- Houston Baptist averages 39.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 21st in the NCAA. Incarnate Word ranks 276th in rebounds allowed per game (38.5).
- The Cardinals average 5.0 blocks per game, which ranks 23rd in the nation. The Huskies rank 203rd in blocks allowed per game (5.4).
- Houston Baptist ranks 119th in assists per game (14.1) while Incarnate Word ranks 255th (11.4).
- The Cardinals’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 10.0, up from 7.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Huskies have scored an average of 74.8 points per game (1.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 85.0 points per game (0.8 above their season average).