The Rhode Island Rams (1-1) will be at home in Thomas M. Ryan Center when they challenge the Holy Cross Crusaders (2-0). Tip-off is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 19, 2017.
Holy Cross Crusaders vs. Rhode Island Rams Betting Preview
In the Crusaders last outing, they beat the Harvard Crimson, 73-69. Pat Benzan led Holy Cross in scoring with 18 points on 6-for-13 shooting. The Crusaders had a much better turnover percentage (18.0 vs. 26.9) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.554 vs. 0.500).
The Rams are trying to rebound after their 88-81 loss to the Nevada Wolf Pack in their last game. Jared Terrell was Rhode Islands leading scorer with 24 points on 8-for-16 shooting. Nevada did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (36-44; 81.8 percent). Rhode Island, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (15.2 vs. 18.3).
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the nations slowest-paced teams battle. Rhode Island ranks 279th in possessions per game (67.5) and Holy Cross is 347th (61.4) since the 2016-17 season.
The Rams won the only game against the Crusaders last season, 65-54. Rhode Islands rebounding was their largest advantage. The Rams had 12 offensive rebounds and 36 total rebounds, while the Crusaders had six and 19, respectively.
Holy Cross Crusaders at Rhode Island Rams ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Holy Cross, ATS Winner – Holy Cross, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Rams rank ninth in assists allowed per game (10.2) while the Crusaders rank 215th (14.1).
- Holy Cross ranks sixth in steals per game (9.4) while Rhode Island ranks 113th (6.6).
- Rhode Island ranks seventh in blocks per game (5.6) while Holy Cross ranks 248th (2.3).
- The Rams rank seventh in three pointers allowed per game (16.0) while the Crusaders rank 242nd (22.7).
- Rhode Island ranks 108th in rebounds per game (36.9) while Holy Cross ranks 322nd (25.4).