Pat foes will battle when the Boston University Terriers (12-12, 8-5 Pat) square off with the Holy Cross Crusaders (8-16, 5-8 Pat) at Case Gym. Tip-off is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Holy Cross Crusaders vs. Boston University Terriers Odds Preview
In the Crusaders last contest, they were blown out by the Navy Midshipmen, 69-34. Holy Cross Jehyve Floyd put together a good game, leading the team in scoring with nine points on 4-for-6 shooting. Navy’s rebounding was their biggest advantage. The Midshipmen had nine offensive rebounds and 39 total rebounds, while the Crusaders had three and 23, respectively.
The Terriers are trying to rebound after their 74-60 loss to the Colgate Raiders in their last outing. Max Mahoney led Boston University in scoring with 15 points on 7-for-11 shooting. Colgate’s free throw rate was their largest strength over Boston University. The Raiders had a rate of 0.226 (above their season average of 0.219), while the Terriers posted a mark of 0.061 (below their season average of 0.195).
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the nations slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Boston University ranks 255th in possessions per game (68.1) and Holy Cross is 342nd (63.9).
These teams have already met once this season. The Terriers won 54-40. The Terriers played a nearly flawless game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 30.0 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.522. For those same stats, the Crusaders were 15.6 and 0.380, respectively. Austin Butler scored a game-high 11 points.
Holy Cross Crusaders at Boston University Terriers Odds Prediction
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Holy Cross, ATS Winner – Holy Cross, O/U – Over
- The Crusaders rank third in blocks allowed per game (1.9) while the Terriers rank 68th (3.0).
- Boston University ranks 143rd in assists per game (13.7) while Holy Cross ranks 175th in assists allowed per game (14.1).
- Boston University ranks 195th in rebounds per game (34.1) while Holy Cross ranks 283rd (27.7).
- The Terriers rank 47th in steals per game (7.3) while the Crusaders rank 126th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- Holy Cross ranks 143rd in three pointers attempted per game (22.0) while Boston University ranks 216th in three pointers allowed per game (23.5).
- The Terriers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.8, up from 0.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Crusaders have scored an average of 63.8 points per game (1.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 65.6 points per game (3.3 below their season average).