Pat foes will battle when the Army West Point Black Knights (13-12, 6-8 Pat) square off against the Holy Cross Crusaders (9-16, 6-8 Pat) at Christl Arena. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 14, 2018.
Holy Cross Crusaders at Army West Point Black Knights Free Preview
The Crusaders defeated the Boston University Terriers in their last contest, 73-62. Jehyve Floyd was Holy Cross high scorer with 18 points on 8-for-14 shooting. The Crusaders had a turnover percentage of 14.4 (better than their season average of 17.6) and held the Terriers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.398 (below their season average of 0.537).
In the Black Knights last matchup, they were defeated by the Navy Midshipmen, 68-59. Jordan Fox was the top scorer from either team with 19 points on 6-for-14 shooting. Navy did a great job of making free throws (28-33; 84.8 percent). Army West Point, on the other hand, forced the Midshipmen into a turnover percentage of 23.8 (above their season average of 18.5).
It will be a matchup of contrasting styles as the fast-paced Black Knights will look to push the slower-paced Crusaders. The Black Knights currently rank 81st in possessions per game while the Crusaders are 344th.
These teams have already met once this season. The Crusaders won 70-66. The Crusaders dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.180 and a great turnover percentage of 9.8. The Black Knights recorded marks of 0.123 and 12.9, respectively, for those same stats. Floyd was the games leading scorer with 18 points.
Holy Cross Crusaders at Army West Point Black Knights Odds Prediction
Free Pick: SU Winner – Holy Cross, ATS Winner – Holy Cross, O/U – Over
- The Crusaders rank second in blocks allowed per game (1.9) while the Black Knights rank 118th (3.5).
- Holy Cross ranks 127th in steals per game (6.2) while Army West Point ranks 140th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- Army West Point ranks 146th in rebounds per game (35.7) while Holy Cross ranks 303rd (27.8).
- The Black Knights rank 54th in three pointers attempted per game (25.0) while the Crusaders rank 194th in three pointers allowed per game (22.9).
- Army West Point averages 17.0 assists per game, which ranks 23rd in the NCAA. Holy Cross ranks 156th in assists allowed per game (13.9).
- The Black Knights have been outscored by an average of 9.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Army West Point has defeated opponents by an average of 2.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Crusaders have scored an average of 66.4 points per game (3.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 66.6 points per game (2.0 below their season average).