The Massachusetts Minutemen (3-5) will be at home in William D. Mullins Center when they square off with the Holy Cross Crusaders (2-3). Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
Holy Cross Crusaders vs. Massachusetts Minutemen ATS Preview
The Crusaders fell to the Albany Great Danes in their last contest, 78-62. Holy Cross Karl Charles had a solid game, leading the team in scoring with 16 points on 3-for-8 shooting. Albany had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (34.5 vs. 15.4). Holy Cross, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.188 (above their season average of 0.187).
In the Minutemen’s last matchup, they were defeated by the South Carolina Gamecocks, 76-70. Luwane Pipkins was the games high scorer with 25 points on 10-for-20 shooting. South Carolina had a free throw rate of 0.309 (above their season average of 0.256). Massachusetts, on the other hand, made 12 of their 26 three pointers (46.2 percent).
It could be a mistake-prone game for the Massachusetts offense. Dating back to last season, Massachusetts ranks 288th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.5 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Holy Cross has forced the fourth-most turnovers in the NCAA (25.4 percent).
The Minutemen won the sole game against the Crusaders last season, 68-60. Massachusetts had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.587 vs. 0.382). Holy Cross, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (16.2 vs. 29.9).
Holy Cross Crusaders vs. Massachusetts Minutemen ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Holy Cross, ATS Winner – Holy Cross, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Minutemen rank 30th in three pointers allowed per game (18.4) while the Crusaders rank 218th (22.4).
- Massachusetts ranks 170th in rebounds per game (35.7) while Holy Cross ranks 312th (25.4).
- Holy Cross averages 9.1 steals per game, which ranks eighth in the NCAA. Massachusetts ranks 229th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- The Minutemen rank 34th in blocks per game (4.9) while the Crusaders rank 251st (2.3).
- Massachusetts averages 15.7 assists per game, which ranks 43rd in the NCAA. Holy Cross ranks 246th in assists allowed per game (14.5).