Pat foes will battle when the Lafayette Leopards (2-9, 0-1 Pat) take on the Holy Cross Crusaders (3-7, 0-1 Pat) at Kirby Sports Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
Holy Cross Crusaders vs. Lafayette Leopards Betting Preview
In the Crusaders last outing, they fell to the Colgate Raiders, 79-74. Austin Butler had a good game for Holy Cross, putting up 14 points and six rebounds. Colgate had a better free throw rate (0.102 vs. 0.049). Holy Cross, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 12.3 (better than their season average of 17.5).
The Leopards are trying to rebound after their 79-74 loss to the Lehigh Mountain Hawks in their last game. Matt Klinewski was the games leading scorer with 22 points on 9-for-14 shooting. Lehigh held the Leopards to an offensive rebounding percentage of 8.3 (below their season average of 17.7). Lafayette, on the other hand, did a great job of making free throws (8-10; 80.0 percent).
It could be an error-filled game for the Lafayette offense. Lafayette ranks 179th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 18.9 percent), while the gambling defense of Holy Cross forces the 77th-most turnovers in the nation (21.7 percent).
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, the Leopards won 69-59. The Leopards dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.447 and a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 34.6. For those same stats, the Crusaders had marks of 0.068 and 13.5, respectively.
Holy Cross Crusaders vs. Lafayette Leopards ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Holy Cross, ATS Winner – Holy Cross, O/U – Over
- The Leopards are 12th in the NCAA with 2.1 blocks allowed per game while the Crusaders are 18th with 2.2 blocks allowed per game.
- Lafayette ranks 52nd in three pointers attempted per game (25.7) while Holy Cross ranks 212th in three pointers allowed per game (24.4).
- The Leopards are 29th in the nation with 5.1 steals allowed per game while the Crusaders are 55th with 5.6 steals allowed per game.
- Lafayette ranks 243rd in rebounds per game (32.4) while Holy Cross ranks 263rd (26.6).
- The Leopards average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.8, down from 6.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Crusaders have scored an average of 63.8 points per game (2.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.8 points per game (3.2 below their season average).