The Hofstra Pride (27-7) face off against the 23rd-ranked North Carolina State Wolfpack (22-11) in the NIT at PNC Arena. The Wolfpack opened as a 10-point favorite. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 158 points and it can be seen on ESPN2 at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 19, 2019.
Hofstra Pride vs. North Carolina State Wolfpack ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last matchup. The Wolfpack got blown out by the second-ranked Virginia Cavaliers, 76-56, while the Pride were beaten by the Northeastern Huskies, 82-74.
Hofstra had a better turnover percentage (9.1 vs. 13.9) while North Carolina State held Virginia to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.2 (below their season average of 30.6). North Carolina State was lifted by Markell Johnson, who had 13 points. Justin Wright-Foreman played well for Hofstra, recording 29 points.
Of the Pride’s 33 games with betting action, 19 have finished over the projected point total. Hofstra heads into the game with records of 27-7 straight up (SU) and 20-13 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Hofstra, games featuring the Wolfpack have gone under the projected point total 54.5 percent of the time. Moreover, North Carolina State is 22-11 SU and 20-13 ATS.
This matchup figures to be a high-scoring affair as two of the country’s best offenses face off. North Carolina State ranks 49th with 111.5 points per 100 possessions and Hofstra is second (120.6). Additionally, the Pride rank fifth in turnover percentage (14.1 percent), while the Wolfpack rank 27th in opponents’ turnover percentage (22.2 percent).
Hofstra Pride vs. North Carolina State Wolfpack Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – North Carolina State, ATS Winner – North Carolina State, O/U – Over
- North Carolina State ranks 36th in rebounds per game (38.3) while Hofstra ranks 240th (33.4).
- The Wolfpack rank 21st in three pointers allowed per game (19.0) while the Pride rank 154th (22.3).
- Hofstra ranks eighth in steals allowed per game (4.7) while North Carolina State ranks 129th (6.3).
- The Wolfpack average 15.2 assists per game, which ranks 48th in the nation. The Pride rank 232nd in assists allowed per game (14.7).
- Hofstra ranks 31st in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while North Carolina State ranks 174th (3.9).
- During their last five games, the Pride have scored an average of 80.0 points per game (3.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.0 points per game (1.4 above their season average).
- The Wolfpack have scored an equal number of points as their opponents. On the season, North Carolina State has defeated opponents by an average of 9.3 points.