The Rider Broncs (5-4) will be at home in Alumni Gymnasium when they square off against the Hofstra Pride (5-3). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 159 points with Rider opening as a 2.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Hofstra Pride at Rider Broncs ATS Preview
In the Pride’s last game, they won a close one over the Monmouth Hawks, 85-84. With 17 points and 11 rebounds, Hofstra’s Joel Angus III put together a good game. Hofstra dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.1 (better than their season average of 13.1) and a free throw rate of 0.182 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Monmouth put up marks of 20.6 and 0.138, respectively.
The Broncs are trying to rebound after their 78-75 loss to the Robert Morris Colonials in their last game. Dimencio Vaughn led Rider in scoring with 13 points on 5-for-11 shooting. Robert Morris made 11 of their 27 three pointers (40.7 percent). Rider, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 47.7 (above their season average of 33.2).
It will be a matchup of opposite styles as the fast-breaking Broncs will look to push the more grind-it-out Pride. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Broncs rank 27th in possessions per game while the Pride are 260th. Furthermore, the 49th-ranked offense of the Pride (offensive efficiency of 113.1) will attempt to exploit the 261st-ranked defense of the Broncs (defensive efficiency of 103.8).
Games including these teams have a tendency to finish over the projected point total. Hofstra games have finished over 60.0 percent of the time, while Rider games have finished over 83.3 percent of the time. The Pride have the better straight up (SU) record (5-3 vs. 5-4), but the Broncs hold the sizable advantage against the spread (ATS) (4-2 vs. 2-3).
Hofstra Pride at Rider Broncs Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Hofstra, ATS Winner – Hofstra, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Broncs average 14.3 assists per game, which ranks 88th in the NCAA. The Pride rank 241st in assists allowed per game (14.7).
- Rider ranks 146th in steals per game (6.5) while Hofstra ranks 277th (4.4).
- Hofstra ranks 53rd in three pointers attempted per game (24.7) while Rider ranks 246th in three pointers allowed per game (22.4).
- The Broncs average 40.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 15th in the NCAA. The Pride rank 186th in rebounds allowed per game (35.8).
- Hofstra ranks 82nd in blocks allowed per game (3.1) while Rider ranks 246th (4.2).