The Monmouth Hawks (3-5) will be at home in OceanFirst Bank Center when they meet the Hofstra Pride (4-3). Monmouth opened as a 5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 143 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
Hofstra Pride vs. Monmouth Hawks Odds Preview
The Pride easily got past the Molloy Lions in their last outing, 107-72. With 14 points and 15 rebounds, Rokas Gustys had a good performance for Hofstra. Hofstra dominated every facet of the game. They had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 6.6 (better than their season average of 14.3) and a free throw rate of 0.306 (above their season average of 0.225). Molloy recorded marks of 20.8 and 0.133, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Hawks played, they were dismantled by the Connecticut Huskies, 84-81. Micah Seaborn was Monmouth’s leading scorer with 27 points on 10-for-17 shooting. Connecticut had a turnover percentage of 11.3 (better than their season average of 15.6). Monmouth, meanwhile, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.589 (above their season average of 0.499).
It will be a showdown of contrasting styles as the fast-paced Hawks will look to push the more half-court-oriented Pride. Since last season, the Hawks rank 28th in possessions per game while the Pride are 256th.
Neither team has shown a tendency in terms of going over or under the O/U total. The Pride have the superior straight up (SU) record (4-3 vs. 3-5), but the Hawks hold the sizable advantage against the spread (ATS) (2-2 vs. 1-3).
Hofstra Pride at Monmouth Hawks Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Monmouth, ATS Winner – Monmouth, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Pride average 36.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 136th in the nation. The Hawks rank 280th in rebounds allowed per game (38.1).
- Monmouth ranks 135th in assists allowed per game (12.9) while Hofstra ranks 259th (14.7).
- Hofstra averages 24.7 three pointers per game, which ranks 49th in the NCAA. Monmouth ranks 260th in three pointers allowed per game (23.4).
- The Hawks rank 65th in blocks per game (4.2) while the Pride rank 234th (2.5).
- Monmouth ranks 140th in steals per game (6.4) while Hofstra ranks 292nd (4.3).