The Western Carolina Catamounts (4-7) will be at home in Ramsey Center when they take on the High Point Panthers (4-6). Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
High Point Panthers at Western Carolina Catamounts Betting Preview
In the Panthers last game, they lost to the Wofford Terriers, 70-57. High Points Andre Fox had a solid game, leading the team in scoring with 13 points on 5-for-9 shooting. Wofford had an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.7 (above their season average of 19.2). High Point, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.310 (above their season average of 0.226).
The Catamounts hope to maintain momentum after defeating the UNC Asheville Bulldogs in their last matchup, 76-72. Western Carolina received a boost from Mike Amius, who recorded 19 points and nine rebounds. The Catamounts made 18 of their 24 free throws (75.0 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.527 (above their season average of 0.467).
It could be a sloppy game for the Western Carolina offense. Western Carolina ranks 306th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.7 percent), while the disruptive defense of High Point forces the 77th-most turnovers in the NCAA (26.5 percent).
Deriece Parks has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Western Carolina, averaging 14.0 points, 3.2 assists and 1.8 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year. The Catamounts won the only contest played against each other last season, 70-65. The Catamounts dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 42.5 and a turnover percentage of 19.0. For those same stats, the Panthers had marks of 34.4 and 21.7, respectively.
High Point Panthers vs. Western Carolina Catamounts Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – High Point, ATS Winner – High Point, O/U – Under
- The Panthers average 3.5 blocks per game, which ranks 113th in the NCAA. The Catamounts rank 173rd in blocks allowed per game (5.6).
- High Point ranks 179th in assists per game (12.6) while Western Carolina ranks 215th in assists allowed per game (17.2).
- High Point ranks 80th in rebounds allowed per game (32.5) while Western Carolina ranks 229th (39.3).
- The Catamounts rank 130th in three pointers attempted per game (22.2) while the Panthers rank 253rd (13.0).
- High Point averages 10.2 steals per game, which ranks 76th in the nation. Western Carolina ranks 173rd in steals allowed per game (8.0).
- The Catamounts average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.4, down from 14.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 75.6 points per game (1.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 60.8 points per game (5.8 below their season average).