The Campbell Fighting Camels (8-8, 2-2 BigSou) welcome the High Point Panthers (7-8, 2-2 BigSou) in a matchup that pits sensational offense against tremendous defense. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 12, 2018.
High Point Panthers vs. Campbell Fighting Camels Free Preview
The Panthers were beaten by the Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs in their last game, 62-45. High Point’s Jahaad Proctor finished with 10 points in the game. Gardner-Webb did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (18-23; 78.3 percent). High Point, on the other hand, held the Runnin’ Bulldogs to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.2 (below their season average of 28.2).
In the Fighting Camels last matchup, they defeated the Presbyterian Blue Hose, 83-79. Campbell’s Andrew Eudy had a good game, finishing with 22 points and eight rebounds. The Fighting Camels made 20 of their 22 free throws (90.9 percent) and held the Blue Hose to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.3 (below their season average of 25.7).
This matchup pits one of the nations top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Campbell ranks 32nd in offensive efficiency and High Point is 57th in defensive efficiency.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Panthers won both games last season. In the last matchup, High Point won 59-49. The Panthers played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.409 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.466. The Fighting Camels had marks of 0.208 and 0.406, respectively, for those same stats.
High Point Panthers vs. Campbell Fighting Camels Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – High Point, ATS Winner – High Point, O/U – Over
- The Fighting Camels rank 42nd in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while the Panthers rank 154th (5.0).
- Campbell ranks 41st in assists per game (16.3) while High Point ranks 180th (12.5).
- The Fighting Camels rank 142nd in three pointers attempted per game (22.1) while the Panthers rank 278th (14.1).
- High Point ranks ninth in steals per game (9.4) while Campbell ranks 125th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- The Fighting Camels average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.2, down from 9.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 68.2 points per game (6.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.4 points per game (0.1 below their season average).