The Charleston Cougars (5-2) will be at home in TD Arena when they clash with the High Point Panthers (3-4). Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Monday, December 4, 2017.
High Point Panthers at Charleston Cougars Betting Preview
The Panthers easily got past the Johnson & Wales (NC) Wildcats in their last matchup, 90-54. With 12 points and six rebounds, Cliff Thomas Jr. had a good performance for High Point. High Point dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.281 (above their season average of 0.242) and a turnover percentage of 13.6 (better than their season average of 17.4). Johnson & Wales (NC) was 0.057 and 22.0, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Cougars last game, they topped the Western Carolina Catamounts, 69-60. With 18 points on 3-for-11 shooting, Joe Chealey led Charleston in scoring. Charleston dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.490 (above their season average of 0.243) and a turnover percentage of 15.6 (worse than their season average of 13.8). Western Carolina was 0.236 and 16.9, respectively, for those same stats.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the nation’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Charleston ranks 332nd in possessions per game (65.4) and High Point is 269th (68.0) dating back to last season.
High Point Panthers at Charleston Cougars Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – High Point, ATS Winner – High Point, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Panthers rank 234th in assists per game (12.4) while the Cougars rank 314th (10.4).
- High Point ranks 193rd in rebounds per game (35.4) while Charleston ranks 259th (34.0).
- Charleston ranks second in steals allowed per game (4.0) while High Point ranks 214th (6.7).
- The Cougars rank 129th in blocks per game (3.5) while the Panthers rank 238th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- Charleston ranks 219th in three pointers attempted per game (19.9) while High Point ranks 321st (16.1).