The Wofford Terriers (10-5) can extend a seven-game home winning streak when they go head-to-head against the Harvard Crimson (6-9) at Jerry Richardson Indoor Stadium. Wofford is a 5.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 133 points. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 10, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Harvard Crimson vs. Wofford Terriers Odds Preview
The Crimson beat the Dartmouth Big Green in their last outing, 61-51. Seth Towns led Harvard in scoring with 16 points on 5-for-13 shooting. The Crimson held the Big Green to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.3 (below their season average of 23.7) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.560 (above their season average of 0.463).
In the Terriers last matchup, they topped the Citadel Bulldogs, 109-92. Wofford’s Cameron Jackson played a pivotal role with 13 points and 13 rebounds. Wofford dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.468 (above their season average of 0.197) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.645 (above their season average of 0.586). For those same stats, Citadel recorded marks of 0.253 and 0.487, respectively.
Second-chance points could be rare for Wofford in this showdown. The Terriers rank 294th in offensive rebounding percentage (25.1 percent), while Harvard ranks 43rd in defensive rebounding percentage (75.0 percent).
Of Harvard’s 11 games with betting action, eight have finished under the projected point total, while 4 of Wofford’s 9 games have finished over the projected point total. The Terriers hold a sizable advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 10-5 SU and 5-3-1 ATS, while the Crimson are 6-9 SU and 4-6-1 ATS.
Jackson has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Wofford, averaging 12.6 points, 7.4 rebounds, 2.2 steals and 2.0 blocks per game.
Harvard Crimson vs. Wofford Terriers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wofford, ATS Winner – Wofford, O/U – Under
- The Terriers average 15.8 assists per game, which ranks 55th in the nation. The Crimson rank 83rd in assists allowed per game (12.6).
- Harvard is 34th in the NCAA with 2.6 blocks allowed per game while Wofford is 41st with 2.7 blocks allowed per game.
- On the road, Harvard is 4-5 ATS with 6 unders and 3 overs.
- At home, Wofford is 2-1-1 ATS with 2 overs and 2 unders.
- Wofford ranks 26th in rebounds allowed per game (31.3) while Harvard ranks 116th (34.6).
- The Crimson rank 42nd in three pointers allowed per game (19.4) while the Terriers rank 124th (21.9).
- Wofford averages 7.0 steals per game, which ranks 73rd in the nation. Harvard ranks 134th in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- Wofford is 3-0-1 ATS with 3 overs and 1 push in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Harvard is 1-1-1 ATS with 3 unders.
- The Terriers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.8, up from 8.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Crimson have scored an average of 58.8 points per game (5.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 59.8 points per game (7.3 below their season average).