The Harvard Crimson (4-4) will travel to Roy L Patrick Gymnasium to clash with the Vermont Catamounts (6-3). Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 8, 2018.
Harvard Crimson at Vermont Catamounts ATS Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Catamounts defeated the Boston University Terriers 78-72, while the Crimson beat the MIT Engineers 78-66.
Harvard’s effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over MIT. The Crimson had a rate of 0.618, while the Engineers posted a mark of 0.425. Vermont, on the other hand, played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 9.1 and a free throw rate of 0.267. Boston University put up marks of 14.0 and 0.213, respectively, for those same stats. Vermont was lifted by Anthony Lamb, who contributed 19 points and 14 rebounds. Chris Lewis, meanwhile played a key role for Harvard with 20 points.
The Catamounts won the sole game between these two teams last year, 62-56. Vermont’s free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Harvard. The Catamounts had a rate of 0.160, while the Crimson posted a mark of 0.082.
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the country’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Vermont ranks 298th in possessions per game (65.0) and Harvard is 286th (67.7) dating back to last season.
Harvard Crimson vs. Vermont Catamounts ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Vermont, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Vermont ranks 13th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while Harvard ranks 215th (7.0).
- The Crimson rank 40th in rebounds allowed per game (32.1) while the Catamounts rank 59th (29.5).
- Vermont is ninth in the nation with 3.0 blocks allowed per game while Harvard is 26th with 2.5 blocks allowed per game.
- The Catamounts rank 20th in three pointers allowed per game (20.3) while the Crimson rank 104th (21.1).
- Vermont ranks 14th in assists allowed per game (11.5) while Harvard ranks 83rd (12.2).