The Minnesota Golden Gophers (11-3) will be at home in Williams Arena when they go head-to-head with the Harvard Crimson (5-7). Tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 30, 2017.
Harvard Crimson vs. Minnesota Golden Gophers Odds Preview
In the Crimson’s last game, they lost to the George Washington Colonials, 58-48. Harvard’s Chris Lewis had a good performance, finishing with 10 points. George Washington held the Crimson to an effective field goal percentage of 0.333 (below their season average of 0.478). Harvard, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 24.5).
The Golden Gophers hope to maintain momentum after blowing out the Florida Atlantic Owls in their last contest, 95-60. Minnesota’s Jordan Murphy had a good outing, finishing with 14 points and 11 rebounds. Minnesota played a flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.219 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.2 (below their season average of 35.7). Florida Atlantic recorded marks of 0.106 and 14.0, respectively, for those same stats.
The battle on the backboards could prove decisive, pitting strength against strength. The Golden Gophers rank 50th in offensive rebounding percentage (35.0 percent), while Harvard ranks 28th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.8 percent).
Harvard Crimson at Minnesota Golden Gophers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Harvard, ATS Winner – Harvard, O/U – Over
- The Golden Gophers rank 26th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Crimson rank 150th (7.4).
- Harvard ranks 49th in three pointers allowed per game (19.4) while Minnesota ranks 125th (21.7).
- Minnesota ranks ninth in rebounds per game (42.7) while Harvard ranks 186th (34.4).
- The Golden Gophers rank 29th in assists per game (17.7) while the Crimson rank 199th (12.1).
- Harvard ranks 27th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while Minnesota ranks 152nd (4.6).
- The Golden Gophers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.8, down from 13.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Crimson have scored an average of 60.0 points per game (5.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.4 points per game (4.7 below their season average).