The George Washington Colonials (6-6) will be at home in Charles E. Smith Center when they meet the Harvard Crimson (5-6). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 129.5 points with George Washington set as a 4.5-point favorite. Action begins at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 23, 2017.
Harvard Crimson vs. George Washington Colonials ATS Preview
The last time the Crimson played, they were victorious over the Boston University Terriers, 74-63. With 12 points and seven rebounds, Harvard’s Weisner Perez had a good performance. The Crimson, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.464, had an extraordinary mark of 0.649 and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.0 (above their season average of 24.0).
The Colonials come in on a high note after topping the New Hampshire Wildcats in their last matchup, 68-64. George Washington received a boost from Yuta Watanabe, who recorded 18 points and 11 rebounds. George Washington played a nearly perfect game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.264 (above their season average of 0.202) and a turnover percentage of 12.5 (better than their season average of 16.9). For those same stats, New Hampshire was 0.083 and 25.0, respectively.
Harvard could have trouble getting to the foul line in this showdown. The Crimson currently rank 145th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.252, while George Washington ranks eighth in FTA rate allowed (0.151).
Games including these teams have typically gone under the projected point total. Harvard games have gone under 62.5 percent of the time, while George Washington games have finished under 62.5 percent of the time. Both teams have middling straight up (SU) records (5-6 for Harvard; 6-6 for George Washington), but the Crimson hold a slight advantage against the spread (ATS). Harvard is 3-5 ATS, while the Colonials are 3-5.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Colonials won the lone game played against each other last season, 77-74. The Colonials dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.500 and an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 42.9. For those same stats, the Crimson were 0.232 and 26.5, respectively.
Harvard Crimson at George Washington Colonials Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – George Washington, ATS Winner – George Washington, O/U – Under
- On the road, Harvard is 3-4 ATS with 4 unders and 3 overs.
- At home, George Washington is 1-2 ATS with 2 unders and 1 over.
- Harvard ranks 129th in three pointers attempted per game (22.6) while George Washington ranks 235th (18.5).
- The Colonials rank 40th in blocks per game (4.9) while the Crimson rank 103rd (3.5).
- George Washington ranks 44th in assists allowed per game (11.5) while Harvard ranks 97th (12.7).
- George Washington is 2-2 ATS with 2 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Harvard is 2-2 ATS with 3 unders and 1 over.
- The Colonials average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.0, down from 2.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Crimson have scored an average of 62.6 points per game (4.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.8 points per game (3.3 below their season average).