The Fordham Rams (3-2) will be at home in Rose Hill Gym when they meet the Harvard Crimson (3-6). Neither team is favored and the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 134.5 points. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
Harvard Crimson vs. Fordham Rams Betting Preview
The Crimson were beaten by the No. 7 Kentucky Wildcats in their last contest, 79-70. Harvard’s Seth Towns put together a solid performance, leading both teams in scoring with 25 points on 8-for-14 shooting. Kentucky did a great job of making free throws (25-30; 83.3 percent). Harvard, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.3 (above their season average of 23.7).
In the Rams last game, they beat the Maine Black Bears, 67-66. With 21 points on 6-for-15 shooting, Joseph Chartouny was the games high scorer. Fordham’s turnover percentage was their largest advantage over Maine. The Rams had a rate of 13.4 (better than their season average of 14.7), while the Black Bears posted a mark of 20.1.
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the nation’s slowest-paced teams clash. Fordham ranks 297th in possessions per game (67.4) and Harvard is 271st (68.1) since the 2016-17 season.
Games featuring these teams tend to finish under the O/U total. Harvard games have finished under 57.1 percent of the time, while 60.0 percent of Fordham games have gone under. The Rams hold the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (3-2 vs. 3-6), but the Crimson have been superior against the spread (ATS) (2-5 vs. 1-4).
The Crimson won the sole game against the Rams last season, 64-52. One of Harvard’s largest strengths was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 15-17 (88.2 percent), while the Rams were just 11-17 (64.7 percent).
Harvard Crimson vs. Fordham Rams ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Harvard, ATS Winner – Harvard, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Crimson rank 196th in rebounds per game (35.2) while the Rams rank 311th (28.6).
- Harvard allows the 43rd-fewest three pointers per game (18.8) while Fordham ranks 46th (19.0).
- Fordham averages 10.2 steals per game, which ranks third in the nation. Harvard ranks 218th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- The Crimson rank 100th in assists allowed per game (12.3) while the Rams rank 267th (15.0).
- Harvard ranks 18th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while Fordham ranks 138th (3.4).