AmEast foes will battle when the Stony Brook Seawolves (8-15, 3-6 AmEast) square off against the Hartford Hawks (13-10, 6-3 AmEast) at Island Federal Credit Union Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 3, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Hartford Hawks at Stony Brook Seawolves Odds Preview
In the Hawks last game, they defeated the New Hampshire Wildcats, 79-62. Jason Dunne was the games leading scorer with 24 points on 8-for-13 shooting. Hartford played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal effective field goal percentage of 0.663 (above their season average of 0.536) and a free throw rate of 0.286 (above their season average of 0.187). New Hampshire was 0.445 and 0.236, respectively, for those same stats.
The Seawolves are hoping for a better outcome after their 67-63 loss to the UMBC Retrievers in their last matchup. Akwasi Yeboah led Stony Brook in scoring with 20 points on 5-for-11 shooting. UMBC had a turnover percentage of 12.9 (better than their season average of 16.1). Stony Brook, on the other hand, held the Retrievers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.2 (below their season average of 29.8).
The upper-echelon offense of Hartford (74th in the nation with an effective field goal percentage 0.541) will go head-to-head against the mid-tier defense of Stony Brook (236th in effective field goal percentage allowed 0.515). The Hawks should have the advantage on that side of the ball.
These teams have already met once this season. The Seawolves won 63-61. The Seawolves dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.179 and a turnover percentage of 20.7. For those same stats, the Hawks were 0.102 and 29.2, respectively. Junior Saintel was a standout player in the game, producing 14 points and five rebounds.
Hartford Hawks at Stony Brook Seawolves Prediction
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Hartford, ATS Winner – Hartford, O/U – Under
- The Seawolves rank 141st in rebounds per game (35.8) while the Hawks rank 233rd (33.3).
- Stony Brook ranks 115th in assists per game (14.3) while Hartford ranks 153rd in assists allowed per game (13.8).
- Stony Brook ranks 27th in steals per game (7.9) while Hartford ranks 167th (5.6).
- The Seawolves average 24.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 66th in the nation. The Hawks rank 168th in three pointers allowed per game (22.8).
- Hartford averages 4.0 blocks per game, which ranks 65th in the NCAA. Stony Brook ranks 160th in blocks allowed per game (4.3).
- The Seawolves average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.0, down from 1.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 70.2 points per game (2.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.8 points per game (1.2 below their season average).