AmEast foes will clash when the New Hampshire Wildcats (9-13, 5-3 AmEast) challenge the Hartford Hawks (12-10, 5-3 AmEast) at Lundholm Gym. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 31, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Hartford Hawks vs. New Hampshire Wildcats Betting Preview
The Hawks defeated the Massachusetts-Lowell River Hawks in their last outing, 77-70. Jason Dunne led Hartford in scoring with 20 points on 7-for-20 shooting. Hartford dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.6 (better than their season average of 17.0) and a free throw rate of 0.138 (matching their season average). Massachusetts-Lowell was 21.2 and 0.131, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Wildcats last matchup, they beat the Binghamton Bearcats, 57-52. New Hampshire was led by Iba Camara, who had seven points and 20 rebounds. New Hampshire dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.308 (above their season average of 0.233) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.6 (below their season average of 33.1). For those same stats, Binghamton was 0.182 and 19.0, respectively.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the nations slowest-paced teams clash. New Hampshire currently ranks 321st in possessions per game (66.0) and Hartford is 255th (68.4). Moreover, the Hawks, who rank 268th in offensive rebounding percentage (26.3 percent), could have a tough time getting second chance points against the Wildcats, who rank third in defensive rebounding percentage (78.8 percent).
This is the first time these teams will battle this year, after the Wildcats won both meetings last season. In the most recent game, New Hampshire won 82-52. The Wildcats dominated every facet of the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 44.7 and a free throw rate of 0.197. For those same stats, the Hawks put up marks of 20.9 and 0.100, respectively.
Hartford Hawks at New Hampshire Wildcats ATS Prediction
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – New Hampshire, ATS Winner – New Hampshire, O/U – Over
- The Hawks rank 155th in steals per game (5.7) while the Wildcats rank 233rd (3.5).
- New Hampshire ranks 49th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Hartford ranks 86th (3.3).
- New Hampshire ranks 14th in rebounds per game (40.2) while Hartford ranks 236th (33.2).
- The Wildcats rank third in assists allowed per game (9.1) while the Hawks rank 154th (13.8).
- New Hampshire ranks 67th in three pointers attempted per game (24.8) while Hartford ranks 170th in three pointers allowed per game (22.6).
- The Wildcats average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.4, down from 4.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 73.8 points per game (1.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.4 points per game (1.1 below their season average).