The FIU Golden Panthers (6-6) will be at home in Ocean Bank Convocation Center when they clash with the Hartford Hawks (4-6). Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, December 22, 2017.
Hartford Hawks at FIU Golden Panthers Odds Preview
The Hawks were beaten by the Portland Pilots in their last matchup, 78-67. With 18 points on 4-for-11 shooting, John Carroll led Hartford in scoring. Portland was lights out from beyond the arc (10-25; 40.0 percent). Hartford, meanwhile, held the Pilots to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.6 (below their season average of 23.9).
The last time the Golden Panthers played, they topped the FGCU Eagles, 91-88. FIU was lifted by Brian Beard Jr. who finished with 24 points, seven assists and six rebounds. FIU dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.558 (above their season average of 0.197) and a turnover percentage of 13.2 (better than their season average of 13.7). For those same stats, FGCU had marks of 0.311 and 20.7, respectively.
It will be a showdown of contrasting styles as the up-tempo Golden Panthers (ranked 91st in the nation in possessions per game) will look to push the more methodical Hawks (211th in possessions per game).
Beard Jr. has really been playing well over the last five games for FIU, averaging 16.6 points, 4.6 assists and 3.8 steals per game.
Hartford Hawks at FIU Golden Panthers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – FIU, ATS Winner – FIU, O/U – Over
- The Golden Panthers average 3.7 blocks per game, which ranks 97th in the nation. The Hawks rank 132nd in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- Hartford ranks 22nd in three pointers attempted per game (27.7) while FIU ranks 182nd (20.9).
- The Golden Panthers rank 30th in steals per game (8.3) while the Hawks rank 189th (4.7).
- FIU averages 35.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 151st in the nation. Hartford ranks 208th in rebounds allowed per game (37.3).
- The Golden Panthers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.6, up from 3.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 73.8 points per game (2.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.4 points per game (0.9 below their season average).