The Portland Pilots (4-7) will be at home in Earle A. Chiles Center when they challenge the Hartford Hawks (4-5). Action begins at 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
Hartford Hawks vs. Portland Pilots Betting Preview
In the Hawks last matchup, they were victorious over the Sacred Heart Pioneers, 86-72. J.R. Lynch was Hartford’s high scorer with 21 points on 7-for-15 shooting. Hartford launched 24 three pointers, making 11 of them (45.8 percent), while Sacred Heart was 3-14 (21.4 percent).
The Pilots are trying to rebound after their 89-76 loss to the Seattle Redhawks in their last matchup. Marcus Shaver Jr. was Portland’s high scorer with 20 points on 8-for-14 shooting. Seattle had a turnover percentage of 10.6 (better than their season average of 18.3). Portland, meanwhile, did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (16-21; 76.2 percent).
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Portland figures to have a significant edge. Since the 2016-17 season, the Pilots offense ranks 56th in that metric at 0.501, while the Hartford defense ranks 271st in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.521). Also, the Hawks rank 340th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.212), while the Pilots rank 17th in opponents FTA rate (0.193).
Hartford Hawks at Portland Pilots Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Hartford, ATS Winner – Hartford, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Hawks average 11.8 assists per game, which ranks 159th in the nation. The Pilots rank 193rd in assists allowed per game (14.4).
- Hartford is 18th in the NCAA with 6.1 steals allowed per game while Portland is 51st with 5.9 steals allowed per game.
- Hartford ranks 24th in three pointers attempted per game (25.0) while Portland ranks 257th in three pointers allowed per game (25.5).
- The Pilots rank 45th in blocks allowed per game (3.5) while the Hawks rank 123rd (3.7).
- Portland ranks 172nd in rebounds per game (33.7) while Hartford ranks 206th in rebounds allowed per game (39.5).