The Albany Great Danes (12-3) will attempt to lengthen an eight-game home winning streak when they square off with the Hartford Hawks (6-6) at SEFCU Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 3, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Hartford Hawks at Albany Great Danes Betting Preview
The Hawks barely escaped the Rutgers Scarlet Knights in their last game, 60-58. With 11 points, nine rebounds and six blocks, Hartford’s Hassan Attia had a good performance. The Hawks held the Scarlet Knights to an effective field goal percentage of 0.397 (below their season average of 0.457) and had a free throw rate of 0.261 (above their season average of 0.177).
The last time the Great Danes played, they beat the Kent State Golden Flashes, 78-68. With 19 points on 8-for-12 shooting, Travis Charles was Albany’s leading scorer. The Great Danes made 25 of their 32 free throws (78.1 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.576 (above their season average of 0.518).
The high-octane offense of Albany will square off against the porous defense of Hartford. The Great Danes rank 40th in offensive efficiency, while the Hawks are 280th in defensive efficiency. The Great Danes figure to have the edge on that end of the court. Additionally, the Hawks rank 257th in offensive rebounding percentage (26.6 percent), while the Great Danes rank 50th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.0 percent).
This is the first time these teams will battle this year, after the Great Danes won all three matchups last season. In the last game, Albany won 100-71. The Great Danes dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.298 and a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.728. For those same stats, the Hawks were 0.188 and 0.461, respectively.
Hartford Hawks vs. Albany Great Danes Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Albany, ATS Winner – Albany, O/U – Under
- Hartford ranks 44th in three pointers attempted per game (26.1) while Albany ranks 267th (15.5).
- The Great Danes rank fifth in rebounds allowed per game (29.3) while the Hawks rank 166th (36.3).
- Hartford averages 4.3 blocks per game, which ranks 65th in the NCAA. Albany ranks 135th in blocks allowed per game (4.3).
- The Great Danes average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.4, down from 7.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 73.8 points per game (3.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.0 points per game (3.4 below their season average).