The Northern Arizona Lumberjacks (0-4) and the Hampton Pirates (1-4) square off in the Las Vegas Invite at Orleans Arena. Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 23, 2017.
Hampton Pirates vs. Northern Arizona Lumberjacks Free Preview
In the Pirates last matchup, they were blown out by the No. 15 Xavier Musketeers, 96-60. Jermaine Marrow had a solid game for Hampton, leading the team in scoring with 20 points on 7-for-25 shooting. Xavier did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (28-38; 73.7 percent). Hampton, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (12.7 vs. 12.7).
The Lumberjacks are hoping for a better outcome after their 80-58 loss to the Kansas State Wildcats in their last game. Torry Johnson led Northern Arizona in scoring with 20 points on 5-for-7 shooting. Kansas State forced the Lumberjacks into a turnover percentage of 37.0 (above their season average of 19.5). Northern Arizona, on the other hand, did an excellent job of getting and making free throws (21-27; 77.8 percent).
Hampton Pirates vs. Northern Arizona Lumberjacks Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Hampton, ATS Winner – Hampton, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Pirates rank 98th in steals allowed per game (5.8) while the Lumberjacks rank 246th (7.3).
- Northern Arizona ranks 81st in rebounds per game (37.6) while Hampton ranks 214th in rebounds allowed per game (36.2).
- Hampton ranks 24th in assists allowed per game (11.0) while Northern Arizona ranks 267th (15.0).
- The Pirates rank 82nd in three pointers allowed per game (19.8) while the Lumberjacks rank 255th (23.3).
- Hampton ranks 108th in blocks per game (3.7) while Northern Arizona ranks 267th (2.1).